New Dropbox

Godzilla55

Anyone else come across one of these yet? Is this the beginning of a merger? Thoughts?

Attachments

• 225EEAF4-8B26-49FB-B85D-62A5B45F0C46.png
    225EEAF4-8B26-49FB-B85D-62A5B45F0C46.png
    612.3 KB · Views: 63

Star B

White Lightening
No. That dropbox just got the new labels. they have been marked "accepts all packages but ground might take an additional day" for a year or two now.

yadig

Ground and Express will never merge, though they're walking a very fine line right now
If grounds earning keep dropping then you will see a merge. I’m just not sure how that merge is gonna look. I’m guessing all of FedEx will be contractors. It’s fat Freddy’s dream of a cheap labor force without benefits!

MAKAVELI

If grounds earning keep dropping then you will see a merge. I’m just not sure how that merge is gonna look. I’m guessing all of FedEx will be contractors. It’s fat Freddy’s dream of a cheap labor force without benefits!
He may have that dream but COVID changed everything. I think the company will have no choice but to follow the UPS model to survive or get swallowed up by Amazon.

Star B

White Lightening
He may have that dream but COVID changed everything. I think the company will have no choice but to follow the UPS model to survive or get swallowed up by Amazon.
Exactly, I don't think with grounds performance in the past few years is going to make any investors confident that they will be sustainable if Express goes the ground model. They are just going to point at UPS and go "Well, they make it work, why can't you?"

yadig

Exactly, I don't think with grounds performance in the past few years is going to make any investors confident that they will be sustainable if Express goes the ground model. They are just going to point at UPS and go "Well, they make it work, why can't you?"
True. It’s like comparing two football teams. Why can’t Purdue beat the LA rams? One has better players than the other

bacha29

Ground is doing just fine. The issue is that the enormous sums spent on expansion have to be expensed against Ground's individual operating results given that units operate independently. When they get all that charged depreciation choked down it will be well positioned to produce the double digit margins it once produced. Too bad they spent all that money on increasingly disgruntled contractors who have to toss in the cab anything that can walk, talk or crawl on the ground like a reptile.

yadig

Ground is doing just fine. The issue is that the enormous sums spent on expansion have to be expensed against Ground's individual operating results given that units operate independently. When they get all that charged depreciation choked down it will be well positioned to produce the double digit margins it once produced. Too bad they spent all that money on increasingly disgruntled contractors who have to toss in the cab anything that can walk, talk or crawl on the ground like a reptile.
We’ll see