Customer service dropping fast

The Milkman

I remember in the old days having morning PCMs and they told us “UPS doesn’t make a product all we have to sell is service.” This is so true so once UPS stops service why would anyone need them?
I’ve said this a few times but it needs to be said again “This is what you get when you have a woman doing a man’s job.” CEO Carol is going to ruin in a few short years what men have built over 100 years.
Yep, the good old days. Owned by its managers and managed by its owners. Oh, how things have changed. Started back in 81 as Christmas Driver and went Full Time PK on 9/82 was able to retire 1/1/08. I see on this forum the sad reality of what has been going on. Customer service down the tubes since going public. Problems only getting worse and by working as directed you see Big Brown taking on water. Sad

upschuck

Not everything, because some of the stuff when the current one was coming in was good. Like expanding the buildings. That was all due to the previous group seeing a need
Wonder how many she actually initiated, and not just following through from the previous administration.

The Milkman

Customer counter is going the way of the dodo
Back in the day our building had 2 Full Time clerks working the counter. I used to fill in for them when on vacations. Doing postcards, address corrections etc. Long before Same day will call. I finally got my chance after 17 years driving to become a Full Time counter clerk. I did my last 8 years seeing the counter hours slowly but surely whittled away, making it tough for people to ship and or pick up their packages. When the UPS Stores came on the scene that's when the hours open were cut some more. Big Brown's motive in my opinion was to push them to the stores to ship thus eliminating Full Time clerk jobs. The rates at the counter are a lot less than the UPS Store rates. If I ever ship, I go to the counter by me that out here in Arizona has maybe a P/T and maybe 1 Full Time non- union workers, working limited hours at the hub doing what took me many years on the road to even be considered for that bid job. I was surprised when I asked them how many years they had in, and they had hardly any time with UPS. Cutting corners at UPS, cutting Service at UPS, Doing away with Customer service reps years ago, that most centers had and pushing customers to the UPS stores. And putting sales leads etc. on Drivers backs earning points. Their plan all along. Again Sad

Last edited:

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
My old BA always said management can run their business any way they choose. Teamsters can't do anything about it but bitch if it's outside of contractual language.

muthatrucka

What things need to happen for a CEO to be removed? Honest question.
Board vote, is it that simple
No confidence vote or she gets a mysterious health concern that makes her take a pile of cash and walk away. Majority owners control who runs a company. In this case it’s big financial companies like JP Morgan Chase and Vanguard group who control something like trillions of dollars. We don’t have a vote, once it went public we were screwed.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
No confidence vote or she gets a mysterious health concern that makes her take a pile of cash and walk away. Majority owners control who runs a company. In this case it’s big financial companies like JP Morgan Chase and Vanguard group who control something like trillions of dollars. We don’t have a vote, once it went public we were screwed.
No it's vanguard and Black rock.

Ooppss forgot state street.

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
just last week, air trailer came late one day but only like 30 minutes after drivers left, so they put 100% of it including coldpack medical next days in a retain trailer to be delivered the following day. and they were screaming at people not to scan anything. that would never have happened 4 years ago.

just last week, air trailer came late one day but only like 30 minutes after drivers left, so they put 100% of it including coldpack medical next days in a retain trailer to be delivered the following day. and they were screaming at people not to scan anything. that would never have happened 4 years ago.
Very sad

Thebrownblob

Sadly, it’s common now