New forum - Likes/dislikes

rod

Retired 23 years
Probably because the software wasn't going to be supported anymore.

Geez... I’ve never see so many people bitch about something that is free.
And I've never seen so many people think this new set up is the best thing since sliced bread when it isn't. I realize the old set up probably need to go away but to settle for this---that is crazy.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

I hate it less than I did at the start. Not a big fan of change. Lol.

But yeah, outdated software on the internet is just asking for problems. New threats every day, and if you aren't on top of things, you could end up with all sorts of problems.

Not to mention, Google/Bing/Baidu almost assuredly will penalize websites using outdated technologies.
I get why they had to update.

542thruNthru

And I've never seen so many people think this new set up is the best thing since sliced bread when it isn't. I realize the old set up probably need to go away but to settle for this---that is crazy.

See Rod! @BadIdeaGuy gets it and he was home schooled!! :)

I hate it less than I did at the start. Not a big fan of change. Lol.

But yeah, outdated software on the internet is just asking for problems. New threats every day, and if you aren't on top of things, you could end up with all sorts of problems.

Not to mention, Google/Bing/Baidu almost assuredly will penalize websites using outdated technologies.
I get why they had to update.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Like I've said "I get it-I just don't get why they have settled for this?

Y'all have clearly never had to convert an existing (massive) database over to another format before... Lol.
It ain't fun.

Switching from Xenforo, to, say, Wordpress would be a nightmare of gargantuan proportions.
I'm guessing the funding for the site is somewhat limited.

Oh, and @542thruNthru , take your homeschooler jokes, and shove 'em sideways. :)

542thruNthru

Y'all have clearly never had to convert an existing (massive) database over to another format before... Lol.
It ain't fun.

Switching from Xenforo, to, say, Wordpress would be a nightmare of gargantuan proportions.

Oh, and @542thruNthru , take your homeschooler jokes, and shove 'em sideways. :)

You might as well be speaking Chinese... rod's face reading that.
8D4AE934-A092-47C8-806F-9D79DF590EBF.gif

rod

Retired 23 years
I loved those turkeys. I'd get 2 or 3. Used to love having buddies over and drinking then eating that damn turkey till it was nothing but bones.
The most I ever got was two. I did see lots of turkeys go to waste by being left over the weekend in the building directly under the heat duct. Management said they would get them to the food shelves but .....you know how that goes. Saw that happen twice. Come Monday morning they were in the dumpster.

rod

Retired 23 years
It ain't fun.

Hell-it took me a couple of years to get 12:00 to stop flashing on my VCR

542thruNthru

The most I ever got was two. I did see lots of turkeys go to waste by being left over the weekend in the building directly under the heat duct. Management said they would get them to the food shelves but .....you know how that goes. Saw that happen twice. Come Monday morning they were in the dumpster.

That sucks. We always got ours on Monday and they would pass them out all week. The lazy PT sups always just handed us a clip board to cross our names off. I'd always pretend to do it and come back the next day. It was always a different sup everyday.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I guess you never handed out turkeys at Christmastime at UPS!
Nope that's low level managements job. Though I don't remember anyone ever bitching about it.

Why?
Because I helped to hand out free turkeys at UPS for 5 or 6 years.

There always were some lowlifes that complained about the size of the turkeys and wanted to go through the boxes and get the biggest one or they would try and get 2 or 3 turkeys.

rod

Retired 23 years

There always were some lowlifes that complained about the size of the turkeys and wanted to go through the boxes and get the biggest one or they would try and get 2 or 3 turkeys.
Getting the biggest one was like winning the lottery. It was an annual contest. As for getting more than one we always had extra turkeys. I don't ever recall someone not getting one. Taking one of the extras was a lot better than just letting them rot over the weekend.

542thruNthru

Don't remember anyone caring about the biggest one. But people did complain about only getting one. Especially because their was a whole trailer full of them.

rod

Retired 23 years
Don't remember anyone caring about the biggest one. But people did complain about only getting one. Especially because their was a whole trailer full of them.
I could see not caring at a bigger center but there were probably only 25 or 30 of us TOTAL at my old center at that time so it was kind of a contest. Turkey day was probably the only day of the year that people showed up a few minutes early in the morning to rifle through the turkey pallet for the "big" one. Cheap thrills you know.