New Training Designed To Oppress

Catatonic

Nine Lives
That's right. They think Orion saved miles. Orion did nothing. All UPS had to do is tell the drivers that SERVICE is no longer key, and just deliver Buisneses any time you want, even while picking them up and we could have saved miles years ago. I run more miles now than I ever did. Could have saved the company a billion .
UPS looks longer-term than you can comprehend ... well, a whole lot longer than that! :wink2:

ORION v.3 will be ready for the next contract!

Foamer Pyle

UPS's new training will leave no one out. Their plan is to ride with everyone. It use to be their practice to make an example out of a few to scare the others. The New Training will be to make examples out of everyone. So if you are one of the guys who think "they know betterthan to mess with me." Get Ready. ...you're gonna run more stops per hour or you will have progressive discipline , it's that simple in the training to the supervisors. Here in Central States Region, File a grievance if you want, they will hear your grievance in a year, until then , your progressive discipline keeps piling on to make you look to the panel as if you're a problem employee.
In the contract book, it clearly states that management must take into consideration a drivers age, and physical condition. Doesn't help the young guys much, but if you are over 50, like myself, and are beat up after working 25 or more years, there is nothing they can do.

Luke Thighrocker

Hell, this is nothing new---my on car figured out very quickly that I would burn up my route if he :censored2: me off.

Can you explain "burn my route"?

If I "burned mine", I'd skip my lunch and reap the production bonus. It would be identical to the overtime I would make if I sat down for 70 minutes for my lunch and break.

Neither would be a punishment to my supervisor if, "he pissed me off".

So, what does "burn my route" mean?

Sheep DAWG

No monkey butt I comprehend just fine. I know you want to keep believing what they are feeding you and telling you how they gonna stick it to us before too long and give you guys, ( management ) all those taken benefits back. ..and that's ok.. I remember 30 years ago when they kept reassuring us that fedx couldn't keep doing what they were doing and they would soon be out of Buisness. Boy I'm glad I didn't sell that stock...but you were saying.....Orion 6.9 and what?

Foamer Pyle

That's still a stressful job with lots of long hours.
I doubt it's a stressful job, and I bet they work less hours than we do. My helper two years ago, his wife was a pharmacist for Walgreens. A pharmacist can easily earn $125k a year, and work in a nice climate controlled environment. I have never seen a stressed out pharmacist. All of the pharmacies around here have two pharmacists, and the rest are part time pharmacist techs. The higher seniority pharmacist doesn't get stuck working weekends. The guy that worked with
Me said his wife loved her job.

Sheep DAWG

Sorry Jlemansk, I know what you are saying, but the contract means nothing with how week our local has gotten. You're not getting the big picture. They don't take age into consideration.... they slowly start building a progressive discipline case on you, and in no time, you will be at the panel looking like a problem employee. That's how these devious people work and believe it or not...sleep afterwards...upside-down of course.

Sheep DAWG

It's not cute. It's the sad truth. I'm just glad I had a good mother that instilled morals in me you will reap what you sow.. how cute will that be?

Sheep DAWG

I just wished I could have worked under your command Monkey butt. For some reason, I believe that hate you say you lost 24 years ago would some how still be lingering. .sounds like you got lucky and had alot of nice people working under you. I think you would have felt under paid with me around.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Those who can, get on their browns and deliver packages and make great money and pension and insurance (for them and there whole family ) and can leave at 30 years with full pension at any age...like 50. Those who CAN'T go into management, pay for part of their insurances spouse has to get their own, work til atleast 57 and no pension for managers hired after 08. No Brainer. LoL.
That's intelligence at its best.
That's funny - I made in 6 figures the last 20 years of my stint with UPS.
Getting over $6k a month in my pension ...
Had insurance for my entire family while I work. Now that I am retired ... same thing in retirement except my insurance costs me nothing.
Granted, I could not retire until 55 but it wasn't bad except when I spun my chair too fast and got dizzy.

And I did use my brain when I made my decisions.
I can see why you went with the "No Brainer" approach ... that will work out best for you!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I just wished I could have worked under your command Monkey butt. For some reason, I believe that hate you say you lost 24 years ago would some how still be lingering. .sounds like you got lucky and had alot of nice people working under you. I think you would have felt under paid with me around.
I worked with people with Masters mostly and no one worked under me. My reports worked with me.
I felt underpaid anyway ... who doesn't?

Sheep DAWG

That's cute . I wished I could have worked close to you, I could have shown you how to earn alot more than that a month and been able to sleep knowing you didn't have to be apart of treating others poorly to get it. You should have followed my lead instead of playing spin the chair. Oh well , at least you had those master degrees surrounding you. Sounds like I missed out. Omg. LoL.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
That's cute . I wished I could have worked close to you, I could have shown you how to earn alot more than that a month and been able to sleep knowing you didn't have to be apart of treating others poorly to get it. You should have followed my lead instead of playing spin the chair. Oh well , at least you had those master degrees surrounding you. Sounds like I missed out. Omg. LoL.
Slept like a baby even on those days the chair spun real fast. :beach: