New Video! Scary Vibe of a Potential Strike

Depends on the persons age when they retire. 6% reduction for every year under 65. The point being that going FT is not always the best choice depending on the persons age and how many years PT they have in.
I understand your point, I was just asking about this specific individual since he is your example.

Mr. Marshall

Depends on the persons age when they retire. 6% reduction for every year under 65. The point being that going FT is not always the best choice depending on the persons age and how many years PT they have in.
My 10 years PT will be worth $700 when I retire at 55 with 25 FT years in the Central so his 16 years is probably worth a grand. Changes your argument completely. Also my 25 year full time pension is worth more than $2500 (somewhere around $3200 after deductions).

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

My 10 years PT will be worth $700 when I retire at 55 with 25 FT years in the Central so his 16 years is probably worth a grand. Changes your argument completely.
In the Central we currently receive $65 a month per year in 30 and 35 year increments. Not seeing how your 10 years is worth $700.

PT Car Washer

Depending on when you started here there are different age penalties for certain years.
A lot has to do with the pension reform act of 2008
Also a little bit of time I had as a part-timer is a separate pension and will be added on top of it
After looking at my contract book, it says a 25 year FT pension is worth $2000 a month if under 57 and $2500 over 57.

Mr. Marshall

In the Central we currently receive $65 a month per year in 30 and 35 year increments. Not seeing how your 10 years is worth $700.
$701 according to the pension calculator on UPSers but they have me at 10.75 years. There are no deductions for the part time pension if you have total service time of over 30 years (or something like that). They have my FT pension at $3154 after deductions. I have all the numbers written down. There is a way to see the math so at some point I will send you the way they calculated it.

PT Car Washer

$701 according to the pension calculator on UPSers but they have me at 10.75 years. There are no deductions for the part time pension if you have total service time of over 30 years (or something like that). They have my FT pension at $3154 after deductions. I have all the numbers written down. There is a way to see the math so at some point I will send you the way they calculated it.
Oh the "pension calculator". My numbers come out of the contract book. I would get those numbers verified before you retire. If it sounds too good to be true?

Mr. Marshall

After looking at my contract book, it says a 25 year FT pension is worth $2000 a month if under 57 and $2500 over 57.
You do realize that is the service pension formula which for most is if you don't get enough hours (1801 in the Central) to qualify for a yearly accrual which is currently worth $175 and has been since 2018 and was $170 before that etc.