No Car Radio's In Package Cars

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Ran that way for 25 plus years. I still have that boom box that was converted to 12 volts
That way is no good Rod. Now to be cool, you must lug batteries in and out, worry about charging them, and spend time worrying about downloading and streaming. You wasted 25 years never once thinking about a battery, putting on a radio station that served you needs and personal tastes.

oldngray

nowhere special
That way is no good Rod. Now to be cool, you must lug batteries in and out, worry about charging them, and spend time worrying about downloading and streaming. You wasted 25 years putting on a radio station that served you needs and personal tastes.
Why listen to free radio when you can pay for satellite music?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Depending on where you are.
Here it SUCKS. If I'm lucky I can pick up one of two adjacent area rock stations that are pretty good but unless I'm traveling that way, good luck with that. Sometimes I just stream them since they are a bit more various in what they play compared to SXM's hardset genre stations but once the commercials become too much to stand anymore it's back to SXM. I'll hear stuff on there months before even the good FM stations are coming on with it and calling it brand new.

oldngray

nowhere special
Here it SUCKS. If I'm lucky I can pick up one of two adjacent area rock stations that are pretty good but unless I'm traveling that way, good luck with that. Sometimes I just stream them since they are a bit more various in what they play compared to SXM's hardset genre stations but once the commercials become too much to stand anymore it's back to SXM. I'll hear stuff on there months before even the good FM stations are coming on with it and calling it brand new.
You need an 8-track player

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
This is an updated version of what I used.

1619267947817.png

quad decade guy

Was always told radios were allowed in a pkg car. In the contract....this was never disputed.

One of my biggest expenses was the purchase of batteries. Even tried the rechargeable....

Some drivers could receive noise complaints.....while "jamming out".....

We had one instance of an in-cab fire.....this pissed off the automotive mgt. This became a big no no of "rigging" power sources. And never happened again while I was in pkg.

And woe to the driver that ran down a battery due to tapping into a pkg car electrical system.....causing service failures.....

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Was always told radios were allowed in a pkg car. In the contract....this was never disputed.

One of my biggest expenses was the purchase of batteries. Even tried the rechargeable....

Some drivers could receive noise complaints.....while "jamming out".....

We had one instance of an in-cab fire.....this pissed off the automotive mgt. This became a big no no of "rigging" power sources. And never happened again while I was in pkg.

And woe to the driver that ran down a battery due to tapping into a pkg car electrical system.....causing service failures.....
Need fuse protected car charger ports in the package cars.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I tried the radio thing while delivering one or two days. With all the constant, start-stop, in-and-out, and cab noise I couldn't even actually enjoy it so I never bothered. Long air shuttles were another story though.

TheDick

The karaoke box Costco sells is popular but yeah uneed to rig it with a inverter if you gonna be the block party on area. Batteries get a memory after six months.

KOG72

I’m full of it
I tried the radio thing while delivering one or two days. With all the constant, start-stop, in-and-out, and cab noise I couldn't even actually enjoy it so I never bothered. Long air shuttles were another story though.
Always had to turn the volume up going down the road,but then stop to make a delivery and it was loud as crap so to me it was a pain.

quad decade guy

Need fuse protected car charger ports in the package cars.
What is interesting....my feeder has 2. Bluetooth and all that. There was a rumor that Mack refused to strip down their basic model coming down the assembly line for UPS. All Mack's apparently, had at least power windows and locks and ports. Automatics transformed driving in any condition almost easy...almost. UPS didn't want any of that....

My new Freightliner has a fixed seat(no air ride) on the passenger side. ORS's are in for a rough ride....shame. I wonder if that's why our OJS's are only 15 minutes long....

I will say, today's feeder comfort is light years(better) from 15 years ago.....just bring your phone and you have access to any music or information in the whole world.....no more carrying around a huge, heavy contraption of radio's and whatever.

And OMG....auto 5th wheel disconnect! Heaven.