No more HR?

ddomino

Delivery sup in my center said he had to watch 4 video pods about HR because there were going to be no more local HR people. Centralized in CA. Place gets worse almost by the day.

D

Deleted member 77202

About two months ago, overheard my Supervisor saying the company was eliminating alot -- but not all -- human resources positions.

I remember talking with the human resources person that does the hiring for my building, and he said that he is on the road 4 out of 5 days per week.

He travels to all the UPS facilities in like 5 counties & does all the orientation stuff, helps applicants fill out their tax forms, etc. and makes sure they have everything properly completed & turned in.
And, I guess, on the one day a week that he is in his actual office, I would imagine he has a boatload of emails, voicemails, letters, applications, etc. to answer.

So, as usual, UPS doesn't hire enough people -- in this case, human resources employees -- to cover a large geographical area & dumps it all on one person.

That's why it's so difficult to get an answer when an employee or applicant calls the HR office or person.

UPSER1987

I can already see seniority being ignored and these car salesman... ORS making you jump through hoops to get what you’re rightfully entitled to.
Lol HR doesn’t handle any of that. Operation centers have been doing that for years. HR functions have slowly moved responsibilities to operations to the point they are no longer needed.