No Raise this Year?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
A guy told us anybody between 22-24/hr will only get a raise if they have 20 years of service. That would be total BS. I'm making 18.73/h, about 8/hr less than top. It's completely criminal. I cleared 227 dollars tending bar last night. I tend bar 2 nights a week and make what I clear at FedEx per week.

What's criminal is that you have to take a side job because you are so underpaid in your "career" job.

fedex_rtd

Any word on the so called raise? I'm on vacation this week, and don't want to call in and listen to some BS excuse on why my manager can't give me any details

Purplepackage

Any word on the so called raise? I'm on vacation this week, and don't want to call in and listen to some BS excuse on why my manager can't give me any details

Id say its to early in the week to tell, have you ever heard any real information on anything on the first day of the week? Usually my manager is just running around like a maniac trying to get us out of the building.

On the brightside i only worked 6 hours today lol

FedExMan

I hope this helps

Attachments

• 20160906_063509.jpg
    20160906_063509.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 187

MAKAVELI

Banned
This is what Dano posted. Now read his first sentence.

Unofficial and subject to change.

Step 10 - 26.29
Step 9 - 25.31
Step 8 - 24.01
Step 7 - 22.78
Step 6 - 21.61
Step 5 - 20.50
Step 4 - 19.45
Step 3 - 18.45
Step 2 - 17.50
Step 1 - 16.60

If they follow the steps on schedule, it's somewhat decent. If -a big if- they adjust the amounts each year to reflect a COLA, it will help. The good is that there is (or will be, when it's official) a published schedule of raises and everyone will know the amounts. The bad is that it starts too many people off on the low end. Lots of 10 year employees will be in steps 2 and 3. Nothing to get excited about. Yay for executing the concept, boo for where it places existing employees in the step process.

optikz

This is what Dano posted. Now read his first sentence.

Unofficial and subject to change.

Step 10 - 26.29
Step 9 - 25.31
Step 8 - 24.01
Step 7 - 22.78
Step 6 - 21.61
Step 5 - 20.50
Step 4 - 19.45
Step 3 - 18.45
Step 2 - 17.50
Step 1 - 16.60

If they follow the steps on schedule, it's somewhat decent. If -a big if- they adjust the amounts each year to reflect a COLA, it will help. The good is that there is (or will be, when it's official) a published schedule of raises and everyone will know the amounts. The bad is that it starts too many people off on the low end. Lots of 10 year employees will be in steps 2 and 3. Nothing to get excited about. Yay for executing the concept, boo for where it places existing employees in the step process.

ONLY the the step wages get a market level increase. so if you were on step 3 or between steps 3 and 4 for example on last year's preliminary chart, you will be at step 2 on this year's chart. you will get a decent raise, but not the raise we were all expecting with the removal of the bottom 2 markets

optikz

What about market level B are they getting an extra bump in pay?

technically yes, but not really. starting pay is now 16.60, 1.26 more an hour. we don't get that. they bumped the step progression up to reflect the market level change. add 3% to your current wage and see where you fall on the new step ladder, that's your new wage. I'm you've been here 12 years or less, you will more than likely be at 17.50. pretty crappie how they did this. get your hopes up about a market level increase and find a way to work it in their favor.

basically they used the marker level increase to push you back 2 steps further from topping out. so if you were close to step 4 last year, you're probably on step 2 now.

MAKAVELI

Banned
ONLY the the step wages get a market level increase. so if you were on step 3 or between steps 3 and 4 for example on last year's preliminary chart, you will be at step 2 on this year's chart. you will get a decent raise, but not the raise we were all expecting with the removal of the bottom 2 markets
I'm referring to the " unofficial and subject to change". Until they release the numbers to us this is just conjecture.

optikz

I'm referring to the " unofficial and subject to change". Until they release the numbers to us this is just conjecture.

my manager gave me the sane numbers he's showing. so I would assume it's safe to say it's official. no market level increase for our wages, it only applies to the step wages