No Raise this Year?

SmithBarney

No matter how it goes down expect a lot of people that are around 10 or less years to wind up making the same as couriers with 1-2 years and with the step system will top out at the same time .

Couriers under 10years make around $0.50-0.70 more than newhires currently, so yes kinda sucks, unless they plan to honor years of service, but FDX isn't that nice.

fedex_rtd

Holding off until late in the day on a Friday to publish the step chart, is a bad sign. If you have to give your people bad news, the best time to do so is a Friday before a long holiday.

This way people have 3 days to calm down from the realization that they got screwed again.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Holding off until late in the day on a Friday to publish the step chart, is a bad sign. If you have to give your people bad news, the best time to do so is a Friday before a long holiday.

This way people have 3 days to calm down from the realization that they got screwed again.
There is always a method to the madness.

optikz

did they say they were releasing that info today?

fedex_rtd

Yes, ALL the managers from various stations I talked with said today was the day they were supposed to convey the pay steps to the hourly employees, but it's just past 5pm on the East coast and nothing has been said, or passed out.

This is starting to smell like week old garbage left out in the summertime

optikz

Yes, ALL the managers from various stations I talked with said today was the day they were supposed to convey the pay steps to the hourly employees, but it's just past 5pm on the East coast and nothing has been said, or passed out.

This is starting to smell like week old garbage left out in the summertime
I'm sure they're off enjoying their long weekend

It was discussed in a short segment on this months frontline. Managers at our location are supposed to meet one on one with couriers to discuss each employees raise.

Based on the chart posted here and what was on frontline I'll land at step six with a $1.41 raise. I'm in my 15th year. So, 19-20 year top out....

I'm not totally disgruntled like some of you. A 20 year top sucks, but I'm young and live well off of this job. I'm happy for the $1.41.

dex 84

It was discussed in a short segment on this months frontline. Managers at our location are supposed to meet one on one with couriers to discuss each employees raise.

Based on the chart posted here and what was on frontline I'll land at step six with a $1.41 raise. I'm in my 15th year. So, 19-20 year top out....

I'm not totally disgruntled like some of you. A 20 year top sucks, but I'm young and live well off of this job. I'm happy for the $1.41.
How do you live well off this job?

Buhryein

My guess will be starting pay +3% is step one, top out +3% is step 10. Divide evenly by 10 probably around 75¢ per step.

Meaning a first year wouldn't move from step 1 and 10 is top pay.

This would pan out with my first thoughts that a person on their second year will likely end up just above the step 2 mark and get another bump to wind up at step 3 where as a 11 year will end up just barely under the 3rd step and get a few pennies to put them there as well.

Gonna say roughly anyone working 2-11ish years gonna end up at the same pay.

Hopefully I'm wrong but this is what I'm expecting.

Elroy Shabazz

A guy told us anybody between 22-24/hr will only get a raise if they have 20 years of service. That would be total BS. I'm making 18.73/h, about 8/hr less than top. It's completely criminal. I cleared 227 dollars tending bar last night. I tend bar 2 nights a week and make what I clear at FedEx per week.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
A guy told us anybody between 22-24/hr will only get a raise if they have 20 years of service. That would be total BS. I'm making 18.73/h, about 8/hr less than top. It's completely criminal. I cleared 227 dollars tending bar last night. I tend bar 2 nights a week and make what I clear at FedEx per week.

Yes, it's ridiculous. That's the best Jewfro I think I've ever seen. Impressive.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How much of the $227 will the IRS know about?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
How much of the $227 will the IRS know about?
stock-photo-it-s-none-of-your-business-293677067.jpg