Nothingness Fluff ,part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have had storms where they have told the rural guys to stay on the main roads only.

I deliver in the city and there have been days where they tried to call us back in but I stayed out and finished.

The undelivered packages don't magically deliver themselves.

oldngray

nowhere special
Here UPS only shut down on the rare class 3 snow emergencies where it was illegal for non emergency vehicles to be on the roads. Class 2 where you are advised to stay off the roads was usually treated like a normal day, although infrequently someone higher up would finally realize how bad things were and call everyone in.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Here UPS only shut down on the rare class 3 snow emergencies where it was illegal for non emergency vehicles to be on the roads. Class 2 where you are advised to stay off the roads was usually treated like a normal day, although infrequently someone higher up would finally realize how bad things were and call everyone in.
If they try and pull something stupid this peak like cutting extra routes I hope we get a big storm December 24th and ruin everyone's Christmas again. (Even though it's their own fault anyway for procrastinating so long.)

oldngray

nowhere special
If they try and pull something stupid this peak like cutting extra routes I hope we get a big storm December 24th and ruin everyone's Christmas again. (Even though it's their own fault anyway for procrastinating so long.)

There was a really bad ice storm on Dec 24 about 10 years ago. They made the drivers go out but called everyone in by late morning because the roads were so bad.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Watch out what you wish for. I want the best weather possible so I can get done and be with my family.

Status
Not open for further replies.