Nothingness Fluff ,part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldngray

nowhere special
Even thought vacs are made cheaply now days I would say 90% of them that get tossed out as junk just need a belt and or a cleaning. I just refurbished a Hoover self propelled Ultra Wind Tunnel (sells for about $300+ ) that I use in my shop that a lady dropped off at the township electronics recycle day. She said it was junk. Six dollars later for a new belt and a good cleaning you can't tell it from new.

Usually just taking them apart and thoroughly cleaning is all they need.

14719921747721611261479.jpg

oldngray

nowhere special
Our old Kenmore destroyed them.

I had one that would break a belt if it hit the smallest snag but I can't remember what brand it was. There really isn't much difference between the cheaper brands but some models are just better. You can't tell until you buy it and use it for a while before you find out whether it is a good one or a lemon though.

I had one that would break a belt if it hit the smallest snag but I can't remember what brand it was. There really isn't much difference between the cheaper brands but some models are just better. You can't tell until you buy it and use it for a while before you find out whether it is a good one or a lemon though.
We could always smell the belt burning

rod

Retired 23 years
We could always smell the belt burning

The grass got too long ( I was out of town) in one section of the Park and the other day it had got thick enough to plug up the 54 inch 26 HP Zero Tune mower I use. I was listening to tunes on my radio head phones when all of a sudden the mower came to a complete stop. Everything was plugged up. Then the smoke started bellowing out from under the mower. I actually thought it was on fire. It got it unplugged but I really don't want to even look at that belt. Keeping my fingers crossed it makes it through this season. The local John Deere dealer loves the smell of burning belts in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.