Nothingness Fluff ,part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rod

Retired 23 years

I see at least one was a member of the Patriot Guard. He will probably hear about it if he was wearing his PG colors when he got involved because they probably wouldn't make it an official organized event. I get updates every day on PG events around Mn. and this hasn't been one of them. The PG (IMO) wouldn't stop you from participating but you would have to do it on your own and without the PG colors. I also saw some videos of the bike riders in DC on Donald Day. Some of them were wearing their PG colors and it didn't look to cool with them fighting with the crowd. It's NOT what the PG was organized to do. There is only one church group who protest veterans funerals that we are allowed to confront while in "uniform". As with everything else there is always something a person disagrees with when you join a "club".

oldngray

nowhere special
I see at least one was a member of the Patriot Guard. He will probably hear about it if he was wearing his PG colors when he got involved because they probably wouldn't make it an official organized event. I get updates every day on PG events around Mn. and this hasn't been one of them. The PG (IMO) wouldn't stop you from participating but you would have to do it on your own and without the PG colors. I also saw some videos of the bike riders in DC on Donald Day. Some of them were wearing their PG colors and it didn't look to cool with them fighting with the crowd. It's NOT what the PG was organized to do. There is only one church group who protest veterans funerals that we are allowed to confront while in "uniform". As with everything else there is always something a person disagrees with when you join a "club".

the Westboro people are a special case?

Hi Rod

rod

Retired 23 years
the Westboro people are a special case?

They are why the Patriot Guard was born. In the beginning their soul purpose was to shield the deceased veterans families from these idiots. There mission now for the most part is to attended (when requested by family or in the case of no family then the funeral home will request us) veterans funerals and set up a flag line to honor the deceased veteran. I've been a member for probably a dozen years now and have never seen a Westboro type of protest at a funeral. I've only heard of one incident of that nature in Mn. We have a Veterans Cemetery located near us so we stay fairly busy. They average 3- 4 burials a day but many families don't request us because they really don't know what we are about or they already have too many people at their services. Most of the ones we do are small gatherings. (I've attended a couple where we are the only ones there besides the cemetery workers, the VFW color guard and maybe a funeral director).

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
They are why the Patriot Guard was born. In the beginning their soul purpose was to shield the deceased veterans families from these idiots. There mission now for the most part is to attended (when requested by family or in the case of no family then the funeral home will request us) veterans funerals and set up a flag line to honor the deceased veteran. I've been a member for probably a dozen years now and have never seen a Westboro type of protest at a funeral. I've only heard of one incident of that nature in Mn. We have a Veterans Cemetery located near us so we stay fairly busy. They average 3- 4 burials a day but many families don't request us because they really don't know what we are about or they already have too many people at their services. Most of the ones we do are small gatherings. (I've attended a couple where we are the only ones there besides the cemetery workers, the VFW color guard and maybe a funeral director).
Thank you for doing that for those veterans. It's sad that some have no family at their funerals.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Sooooooooooo working on these people's laundry room. The lady catches me and says "that light quit working so I took the bulb out and stuck my finger in it. It shocked me so you need to replace that. That's dangerous".

Oh Shoot

20170123_125406.jpg
20170123_125410.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.