Not open for further replies.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
How old are you?

You been hanging around the wrong 45 year olds hun. Lol
crazy-cat.gif

km3

That's why we wear shorts and tank tops

As per the safety training, they should have reviewed the symptoms of dehydration and other heat-related illnesses with you. If you start to get any of those symptoms, just stop for a couple minutes. And drink as much water as you can. If they pressure you to get back to work, tell them you have the symptoms and if they keep at it, demand a steward.

I can't recall where, but I read about a UPSer in CACH who died because of heat-related injuries after repeatedly asking to be excused for the rest of the shift. They will demand that you work until you drop. Just watch.

KOG72

I’m full of it
As per the safety training, they should have reviewed the symptoms of dehydration and other heat-related illnesses with you. If you start to get any of those symptoms, just stop for a couple minutes. And drink as much water as you can. If they pressure you to get back to work, tell them you have the symptoms and if they keep at it, demand a steward.

I can't recall where, but I read about a UPSer in CACH who died because of heat-related injuries after repeatedly asking to be excused for the rest of the shift. They will demand that you work until you drop. Just watch.
I saw a part timer last year in our office going through the same thing he had just started working there and I told him to bring him a cooler too work

Status
Not open for further replies.