Nothingness Fluff ,part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Returntosender

Garrity "Warnings"
2467390.jpg

Often, public employers will simply want to conduct an administrative investigation to ascertain whether misconduct has occurred, and to determine if disciplinary action is warranted. Accordingly, many employers begin investigatory interviews by asking employees to sign “Garrity Statements,” “Garrity Advisements,” or “Garrity Warnings” (in federal employment, "Kalkines Warnings").

A properly-worded statement enables management to question the employee and require that they respond, while protecting the employee's constitutional rights. These advisement documents generally contain language similar to the following:

1. The purpose of this questioning is to obtain information, which will assist in the determination of whether administrative disciplinary action is warranted.
  2. I am not questioning you for the purpose of instituting criminal proceedings against you.
  3. During the course of this questioning, even if you do disclose information which indicates that you may be guilty of criminal conduct in this matter, neither your self-incriminating statements, nor the fruits thereof, will be used against you in any criminal proceeding.
  4. I am ordering you to answer the questions that I direct to you concerning this matter.
  5. If you refuse to answer my questions, you will be subject to immediate dismissal.

Garrity "Warnings"
2467390.jpg

Often, public employers will simply want to conduct an administrative investigation to ascertain whether misconduct has occurred, and to determine if disciplinary action is warranted. Accordingly, many employers begin investigatory interviews by asking employees to sign “Garrity Statements,” “Garrity Advisements,” or “Garrity Warnings” (in federal employment, "Kalkines Warnings").

A properly-worded statement enables management to question the employee and require that they respond, while protecting the employee's constitutional rights. These advisement documents generally contain language similar to the following:

1. The purpose of this questioning is to obtain information, which will assist in the determination of whether administrative disciplinary action is warranted.
  2. I am not questioning you for the purpose of instituting criminal proceedings against you.
  3. During the course of this questioning, even if you do disclose information which indicates that you may be guilty of criminal conduct in this matter, neither your self-incriminating statements, nor the fruits thereof, will be used against you in any criminal proceeding.
  4. I am ordering you to answer the questions that I direct to you concerning this matter.
  5. If you refuse to answer my questions, you will be subject to immediate dismissal.
Good MORNING RTS

Status
Not open for further replies.