Nothingness Fluff ,part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Future

Victory Ride
9221385187_f17c98ffb5_b.jpg
I knew my buddy would pull through for me!

Returntosender

Kurt Bullard of the Harvard Sports Analysis Collective tried to formulate a mathematical method of picking the NFL's playoff teams, using Pro Football Reference’s Approximate Value statistic, crosschecking it with a few other analytical numbers from other sites and coming up with a talent rating and the percentage likelihood for every NFL team's chances to make the postseason

But the team most likely to face them in the Super Bowl, per Bullard? That would be the Miami Dolphins.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...hup--seahawks-vs------dolphins-224518932.html

rod

Retired 23 years
Yep. Now cars are coming with wifi and stuff. Me personally I may never own a car newer than 2005. I'll just keep putting crate engines in my old ones.

That plan wouldn't work here-------too much rust thanks to the road salt in the winter. If you can get 8 to 10 years out of a new vehicle before it starts to rust you are doing good. Car mfgs. have come a long way with rust proofing since the late 90's but not far enough for us here in the rust belt. Back in the 60's -80's you were lucky to get 3 years before the rust stated coming through and that after market rust proofing crap they used to try to sell you at the dealership wasn't worth wasting money on. Now if you want a rust proof car you take it to Arizona for the winter.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That plan wouldn't work here-------too much rust thanks to the road salt in the winter. If you can get 8 to 10 years out of a new vehicle before it starts to rust you are doing good. Car mfgs. have come a long way with rust proofing since the late 90's but not far enough for us here in the rust belt. Back in the 60's -80's you were lucky to get 3 years before the rust stated coming through and that after market rust proofing crap they used to try to sell you at the dealership wasn't worth wasting money on. Now if you want a rust proof car you take it to Arizona for the winter.
So buy an older car from the south when 1 rusts out.

rod

Retired 23 years
So buy an older car from the south when 1 rusts out.

We always buy something new long before the rust sits in. I don't think the wife or I have driven a rust bucket for 40 years. She seems to get sometime new about every 3-5 years and I'm due for a new pickup in a year or two. My outlook on life is when we are gone the daughter and her family will get a damn good inheritance with lots of nice toys and a nice property------but they are all going to be used----none of this we scrap by and sacrifice so they can have it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.