Nothingness Fluff ,part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
image.jpg
So do all your sups drive as "seasonals" during peak?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
A part time supervisor is working right now,to qualify. But hasn't given up his Sup job. Can he do that?
Absolutely, the company can hold his pt management position if they please, as the union has no standing to tell them they can't.
The union views him as they do any random off street vacation replacement (seasonal hires have different seniority language, at least in the Central Region).
During the vacation replacement period, if said pt supe works 30 days and works one day after Labor Day, he is then awarded seniority as a full time driver (again in the Central).

This is a common practice for a pt supe that is being considered for promotion.
I know of a couple smart ones who opted to stay on as a driver.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They should have hired more drivers

I don't think you were such A push over

Have them pay preloaders cover rate to sit in the jump seat this year
Summer seasonal is 1 thing peak is a different animal.

Peak is much harder to plan for. You can't be expected to staff for a few really heavy days.

Absolutely, the company can hold his pt management position if they please, as the union has no standing to tell them they can't.
The union views him as they do any random off street vacation replacement (seasonal hires have different seniority language, at least in the Central Region).
During the vacation replacement period, if said pt supe works 30 days and works one day after Labor Day, he is then awarded seniority as a full time driver.

This is a common practice for a pt supe that is being considered for promotion.
I know a couple smart ones who opted to stay on as a driver.
Thank you Sir.
I've also seen a few that went driving and never went back.

Status
Not open for further replies.