Nothingness Fluff....

Status
Not open for further replies.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Loo
grabbacoffee.gif
Coffee time for me.
Looks 3d almost . Nice pic brown echo echo echo!

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Wut?????????????????
Did I miss something?
It was something about how if one uses Google to do a search and it finds questionable material? on the site it does something I don't understand but she wasn't happy about it.

I'm thinking it's ultimately revenue related.
There are a few reasons to keep the content family friendly but it's true that the biggest concern I have is revenue related.

It costs money to keep this community up and running and if we get blocked from google's program then I'm going to have to come up with a different way to pay the bills.

The way that the forum is currently set up members don't see ads. Google ads are only displayed to people when they're not logged in and those lurkers viewing ads basically pay for the members not to have to look at ads.

These are the recurring monthly costs of keeping this community online:
Dedicated server: $341
Cloudflare: $25
Apps: $69

There are other expenses like buying programs and addons like the shoutbox, max cdn, apple's dev fees, hiring coders etc. In the last year those fees have added up to about $500.

Over the years I've tried other ad networks and different setups and I think our current setup offers a better ad free experience for our members. I'm hoping to keep it this way.

I should know tomorrow if they are going to kick us out, or not. They only gave me 3 days to clean it all up and I'm still not sure I found and deleted all of the stuff like boob pics. Time will tell.

Here is a video google sent me that describes their family friendly content guidelines:

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
There are a few reasons to keep the content family friendly but it's true that the biggest concern I have is revenue related.

It costs money to keep this community up and running and if we get blocked from google's program then I'm going to have to come up with a different way to pay the bills.

The way that the forum is currently set up members don't see ads. Google ads are only displayed to people when they're not logged in and those lurkers viewing ads basically pay for the members not to have to look at ads.

These are the recurring monthly costs of keeping this community online:
Dedicated server: $341
Cloudflare: $25
Apps: $69

There are other expenses like buying programs and addons like the shoutbox, max cdn, apple's dev fees, hiring coders etc. In the last year those fees have added up to about $500.

Over the years I've tried other ad networks and different setups and I think our current setup offers a better ad free experience for our members. I'm hoping to keep it this way.

I should know tomorrow if they are going to kick us out, or not. They only gave me 3 days to clean it all up and I'm still not sure I found and deleted all of the stuff like boob pics. Time will tell.

Here is a video google sent me that describes their family friendly content guidelines:

A video with a character who's eyes look like boobs.

Have you ever done a donation link?

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
A video with a character who's eyes look like boobs.

Have you ever done a donation link?
Back in the early years when servers cost a whole lot more than they do now and I didn't know how to do anything by myself I was out of pocket about a grand a month. I did put up a donation link for a few months. The only one that sent money was my mom.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Gee thanks. That sounded so good , I had to go make my own. Mine didn't have that black stuff on it though. What IS that anyway? ;)
i had to use the end slice since we are out of bread so the heat burned it slightly. I always spread margarine on both sides and pan fry it med high.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Back in the early years when servers cost a whole lot more than they do now and I didn't know how to do anything by myself I was out of pocket about a grand a month. I did put up a donation link for a few months. The only one that sent money was my mom.

Do an annual fundraiser, kind of like PBS does.

If you need financial help with the site,Many of us would gladly help.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You should put up another donation link, Cheryl...no reason we all can't cough up a few bucks....it's almost peak time!

Status
Not open for further replies.