Für Meno :)
r-CANADA-PLASTIC-MONEY-100-BILL-large570.jpg

Canadians to get their hands on new polymer-based $100 bill today

By The Canadian Press | The Canadian Press – 1 hour 5 minutes ago

klein

friend-35 price tag could skyrocket amidst U.S. budget talks

By Andy Radia | Canada Politics – 15 hours ago

Budget strife in the United States could mean Canada will have to pay more — much more — for its controversial purchase of 65 friend-35 fighter jets.According to an article in the Globe and Mail, an American congressional "super committee" has until Nov. 23 to find $1.2-trillion in savings. If a deal is not reached by next Wednesday, the United States' purchase of military fighter jets could be on the chopping block.

klein

Americans fascinated by new plastic Canadian $100 bill

pch10196624_high.jpg

Americans commenting on the LA Times piece seemed a little envious.

"How cool is Canada?" said Stephanie Seymour of Santa Monica, Calif.

"The US. should take 'notes,' " quipped Benjamin Bang of Santa Clarita, Calif.

LA resident Erik Griswold said the U.S. should emulate Canada's use of $1 and $2 coins because it "would save us billions!" (The U.S. actually has a $1 coin but it's hardly used.)

"I wonder how many decades before America catches up with Canada?" he asked.
"Probably never," said Bang.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"The US. should take 'notes,' " quipped Benjamin Bang of Santa Clarita, Calif."

So, you found a 'Bang" for your buck!!

Americans fascinated by new plastic Canadian $100 bill

Americans commenting on the LA Times piece seemed a little envious.

"How cool is Canada?" said Stephanie Seymour of Santa Monica, Calif.

"The US. should take 'notes,' " quipped Benjamin Bang of Santa Clarita, Calif.

LA resident Erik Griswold said the U.S. should emulate Canada's use of $1 and $2 coins because it "would save us billions!" (The U.S. actually has a $1 coin but it's hardly used.)

"I wonder how many decades before America catches up with Canada?" he asked.
"Probably never," said Bang.

"It`s not as absorbant as the paper version when I wipe with it." Haywood Gabloomie , Chicago IL

I've wondered for many years why the US didn't use, "non tear paper" for currency. Don't remember exactly what the thing was I saw back then that prompted those thoughts but it looked like paper, had non smudging printing. You could stretch it out of shape if you tried hard enough, you could cut it with scissors but you couldn't just rip it in two. No telling how much that would have saved us in the long run. Good on Canada for making the move.

klein

Believe me or not, but you probably seen Mexican Peso's. Yup, they have plastic money. It's great, esspecially at the Beach, you can swim with money in your pockets, and we even tried to tear 1 of those apart ( a 20 peso bill - $1.50 in value) and we couldn't, not even using full strength.

Australia had plastic since 1998, and the English Pound is also plastic.

Believe me or not, but you probably seen Mexican Peso's. Yup, they have plastic money. It's great, esspecially at the Beach, you can swim with money in your pockets, and we even tried to tear 1 of those apart ( a 20 peso bill - $1.50 in value) and we couldn't, not even using full strength.

Australia had plastic since 1998, and the English Pound is also plastic.
No actually I haven't seen any current Mexican pesos. I have no fear to admit when a good idea is a good idea. Remember I said I had the thought long ago. (before 1998)

klein

As far as I remember from the news, the bills are in average 50% more expensive, but they get almost tripple the value out of them (lasting almost 3 times longer).
Personally, I would think they last a lot longer then that, but once kids get a hold of money, they treat it like crap.

The new $100 bills cost 19 cents to manufacture — almost double the cost of the 10-cent paper bills — but the Bank of Canada assures they will last longer than the existing ones.

As far as I remember from the news, the bills are in average 50% more expensive, but they get almost tripple the value out of them (lasting almost 3 times longer).
Personally, I would think they last a lot longer then that, but once kids get a hold of money, they treat it like crap.
I'd suggest you get your hands on a few of the regular 100 bills in mint condition and hang on to them. If you live long enough they will be worth their weight in Loon feathers.

are loon feathers valuable?