Official Canada Thread with Current News

klein

Für Meno :)
You don't understand our Senate though - it's useless and has no or very little power. Most of us want to see it being abolished.
It's the house in commons that rules the land. (parliament).

P

pickup

You don't understand our Senate though - it's useless and has no or very little power. Most of us want to see it being abolished.
It's the house in commons that rules the land. (parliament).

Except when Steven Harper can get Parliament to disappear when it is convenient for him, then Parliament is powerless.

klein

Except when Steven Harper can get Parliament to disappear when it is convenient for him, then Parliament is powerless.

But nothing passes either. Basically all laws, rules, remain status quo.
Kinda like shutting the US congress down (like it is now) LOL

P

pickup

But nothing passes either. Basically all laws, rules, remain status quo.
Kinda like shutting the US congress down (like it is now) LOL

Clearly, you didn't read that article. By pulling that stunt, Harper stopped the investigation into whether or not his officials misled the House over the torture issue in Afghanistan. By the time they got back, all the investigative committees had to be disbanded by then.

This stunt by Harper, which he has pulled before is like a get out of Jail-free card.

So why didn't we hear about this from you in this Current Event threads?

Instead we get "everything is great in Canada", "jobs are great and plentiful in Edmonton", "The olympics are swell". All fluff

Your selective news reports and filtering remind me of this:

30 Rock - North Korean Weather - YouTube

klein

I'm more concerned about my new work schedule that goes until Mid March, working 7 days a week, and before my shift (like today) do groc ery, liqour and cigarettes delivery.

I hope I make it thru it all . Anyways, got to leave soon, won't be back until 1am, again ! :(

P

pickup

I'm more concerned about my new work schedule that goes until Mid March, working 7 days a week, and before my shift (like today) do groc ery, liqour and cigarettes delivery.

I hope I make it thru it all . Anyways, got to leave soon, won't be back until 1am, again ! :(

Just make sure to pay the taxes on all your income. The Queen needs a new pair of shoes.

klein

It's taxed, even unemployment too. At 7 days a week, I'll qualify for it much sooner, too ;) (It does go by hours worked).

P

pickup

How ironic. You don't care about politics in your own country, but you post continually about ours.

Yes and he is overly fascinated with the religious affiliations of presidential candidates of the U.S.A. but doesn't care that the leader of his country(who I have proven is Queen Elizabeth) is the Head of the Church of England.

Bow to ... ahh never mind(damn, D.S. you took a great weapon out of my hand).

klein

How ironic. You don't care about politics in your own country, but you post continually about ours.

Sorry Ovah, but I think I posted lots about how well Canada is doing. If you want even more, I can post those , too (like an average house price being $500K or more).

Or the credit rating agentcies want us to spend more.

We're on a tough budget, and want to keep it that way. No more deficits if possible, (now running at a low 2%).
I want the same4 for Alberta , too.
No reason at all to go into debt !

moreluck

golden ticket member
Sorry Ovah, but I think I posted lots about how well Canada is doing. If you want even more, I can post those , too (like an average house price being $500K or more).
You really tend to exaggerate a lot !!!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/15/canada-economy-housing-idUSL2E8DF2EL20120215

[h=3]Canadian Cities
Average House Prices
February 2011[/h]
CityAverage House Price12 Month Change
Vancouver, BC$792,000+ 19.4 %
Toronto, Ont$454,000 + 5.3 %
Calgary, Alb$401,000+ 2.3 %
Ottawa, Ont$338,000+ 5.9 %
Montreal, Que$300,000+ 4.6 %
Regina, Sask$273,000+ 3.4 %
Halifax, NS$262,000+ 4.2 %
Fredericton, NB$153,000+ 2.5 %

moreluck

golden ticket member
The average price for a home in the province of Alberta is $352,000, which is slightly below the national average[SUP]1[/SUP].

klein

I didn't point out all Of Canada ! It really depends where you live. Vancouver is now the most expensive real estate city in North America. Yes, even beats New York !

moreluck

golden ticket member
I didn't point out all Of Canada ! It really depends where you live. Vancouver is now the most expensive real estate city in North America. Yes, even beats New York !
Median price of $792,000 in Vancouver and I imagine that gets you a house.

In New York City, for about $1.2 million you can probably get a condo about 1600 sq. ft in a high rise building.

Watch 'Selling New York' sometime. That'll really open your eyes.

menotyou

bella amicizia

In New York City, for about $1.2 million you can probably get a condo about 1600 sq. ft in a high rise building.

It's amazing what they charge.

P

pickup

Or the credit rating agentcies want us to spend more.

We're on a tough budget, and want to keep it that way. No more deficits if possible, (now running at a low 2%).
I want the same4 for Alberta , too.
No reason at all to go into debt !

He said politics, not the price of houses, genius.

klein

Vancouver: North America's most expensive city

and NO ! $800K will not buy a house in Vancouver !