Official Canada Thread with Current News

klein

Für Meno :)
If I agreed with republicans, then I would be for more tax cuts for the rich. No one should be thinking of tax cuts, esspecially not in the current US household financial state, or building up the military, or building moon colonies.

moreluck

golden ticket member
If I agreed with republicans, then I would be for more tax cuts for the rich. No one should be thinking of tax cuts, esspecially not in the current US household financial state, or building up the military, or building moon colonies.

If you were for Republicans, you would be for smaller government, less spending, a balanced budget...............but you can't have that with Obama. He's suppose to do a budget every year.....3 years now and no budget! He's irresponsible!!

klein

Für Meno :)
Bush provided a budget each year per the LAW !!

Yeah, and he didn't include the wars he started in them, either.
If I voted there, and was able to. ONly 2 would be on my list, either Paul or Obama. No one else, period.

The avreage American citizen needs to know, it's time to tighten the belts, promising tax cuts or lower gasoline prices doesn't do it for me. Neither does oblishing Obamacare. I think everyone should pay for healthcare, like in almost every country in the world.
And not just use the "free" ER , because it's free compared to paying for insurance.

texan

So glad you don't vote here !!!

Do not speak so fast. As liberal judges who overturn common sense and others who oppose a simple authenicated
ID card to vote, he could vote in perhaps 5 to 10 states here on the same day with no problem, with a fast modern helicopter.

DS

Fenderbender

I did not write this!
There's some funny parts...

From the TV show "This hour has 22 minutes"

On behalf of Canadians everywhere, I'd like to offer an apology to the United States of America. We haven't been getting along very well recently and for that, I am truly sorry.
I'm sorry we called George Bush a maroon. He is a maroon, but it wasn't nice of us to point it out. If it's any consolation, the fact that he's a maroon shouldn't reflect poorly on the people of America. After all, it's not like you actually elected him.
I'm sorry about our softwood lumber. Just because we have more trees than you doesn't give us the right to sell you lumber that's cheaper and better than your own. It would be like if, well, say you have 10 times the television audience we did and you flood our market with great shows, cheaper than we could produce. I know you would never do that.
I'm sorry we beat you in Olympic hockey. In our defense I guess our excuse would be that our team was much, much, much, much better than yours. As a way of our apology, please accept all of our Canadian NHL teams, which one by one are going out of business and moving to your fine country.
I'm sorry about our waffling on Iraq. I mean, when you're going up against a crazed dictator, you want to have your friends by your side. I realize it took more than two years before you guys pitched in against Hitler, but that was different: Everyone knew he had weapons.
I'm sorry we burnt down your White-House during the war of 1812. I see you've rebuilt it! It's very nice.
I'm sorry for Alan Thicke, Shania Twain, Celine Dion, Lover Boy, the song from Sheriff that ends with the high pitched end note, your beer. I know we had nothing to do with your beer, but we feel your pain.
And finally on behalf of all Canadians, I'm sorry that we're constantly apologizing for things in a passive-aggressive way, which is really a thinly veiled criticism. I sincerely hope that you're not upset over this, because, we've seen what you do to countries with whom you get upset with. For 22 Minutes, I'm Anthony St.Joseph, I'm Canadian. And I'm sorry.

DS

Fenderbender
One more...

Canadian temperature conversion chart

50 Fahrenheit (10 C)
New Yorkers try to turn on the heat.
Canadians plant gardens.

40 Fahrenheit (4.4 C)
Californians shiver uncontrollably
Canadians Sunbathe.

35 Fahrenheit (1.6 C)
Italian Cars won't start
Canadians drive with the windows down

32 Fahrenheit (0 C)
Distilled water freezes
Canadian water gets thicker.

0 Fahrenheit (-17.9 C)
New York City landlords finally turn on the heat.
Canadians have the last cookout of the season.

-40 Fahrenheit (-40 C)
Hollywood disintegrates.
Canadians rent some videos.

-60 Fahrenheit (-51 C)
Mt. St. Helen's freezes.
Canadian Girl Guides sell cookies door-to-door.

-100 Fahrenheit (-73 C)
Santa Claus abandons the North Pole
Canadians pull down their earflaps.

-173 Fahrenheit (-114 C)
Ethyl alcohol freezes.
Canadians get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg.

-459.4 Fahrenheit (-273 C)
Absolute zero; all atomic motion stops.
Canadians start saying "cold, eh? "

-500 Fahrenheit (-295 C)
Hell freezes over.
The Leafs win the Cup

from Jokes - Patriotism Canada

Returntosender

FOX NEWS banned in Canada.

Canada regulators announced last week they would reject efforts by Canada's right wing Prime Minister, Stephen Harper, to repeal a law that forbids lying on broadcast news.
Canada's Radio Act requires that "a licenser may not broadcast....any false or misleading news." The provision has kept Fox News and right wing talk radio out of Canada and helped make Canada a model for liberal democracy and freedom. As a result of that law, Canadians enjoy high quality news coverage including the kind of foreign affairs and investigative journalism that flourished in this country before Ronald Reagan abolished the "Fairness Doctrine" in 1987.

No Canadian Fox News Network | Slog

Royal Canadian Mounted Police horses turn on their slave masters!

horse-does-police-ireland.jpeg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Your critters are slowly migrating north.
First it was coyotes,now we are getting opossums and possibly cougars.
‘Huge cat’ spotted by resident | The Independent Free Press

Conversely, your elderly are migrating south. They can be seen driving enormous RV's with their cars in tow. They avoid our local campgrounds and prefer to camp in the Walmart parking lot. They rarely bother to get directions before leaving home and many have yet to figure out what the little lever on the side of their steering column (blinkers) is for. They love to travel in packs and think nothing of occupying every gas pump at the same time. They flood our local restaurants, eat half of their meals and then send them back. The locals here are glad when the migration has left our borders.

texan

Medical tourists have cash, will travel.

VANCOUVER — When Robert Stuart Smith's left knee gave out, the resident of the Vancouver bedroom
community of White Rock was a busy realtor, avid golfer and occasional Scottish singer who had no time
to wait a year or two for surgery to replace his 72-year-old joint.
Rather than putting his active life on hold and adding his name to a wait list, Smith took his business abroad
and outsourced the surgery to India.
He contracted a medical tourism company based in Kelowna, B.C., to book the trip, travelled with his wife
to Kerala and for $20,000 he had his knee replaced in less than a month. After the surgery, he spent two weeks
recovering in hospital with a private nurse, then moved to a five-star hotel while his wife went sightseeing.

There's a lot of public discussion of wait times as the reason people go abroad for surgery, but from our research
we know the things prompting Canadians to go abroad are much more diverse."

Medical tourists have cash, will travel