Official Canada Thread with Current News

klein

Für Meno :)
Got one of these for the first time today !

20110620_50back.jpg
20110620_50front.jpg

klein

There is no queen on that bill. It's not the besst pic, but it's the same guy as in front of the bill.

And whats with you and the Queen anyways. I know you fought the Brits for independence, we didn't. Actually 200 years ago, we had to fight the Americans to keep us a British colonie. (by we, I mean the natives, brits, and those that have moved here from Europe).

DS

Fenderbender
This 1 is for my buddy DS : (LMAO)

Klein,I am in total agreement.The coach,Randy Carlisle today said the team were embarrassed
for not making the playoffs 7 years in a row.He apologized to the fans.
The only thing that sucks more than the leafs is a dyson.

P

pickup

There is no queen on that bill. It's not the besst pic, but it's the same guy as in front of the bill.

And whats with you and the Queen anyways. I know you fought the Brits for independence, we didn't. Actually 200 years ago, we had to fight the Americans to keep us a British colonie. (by we, I mean the natives, brits, and those that have moved here from Europe).

Well, I'll be darned. No queen indeed. I guess I saw what I expected to see.

DS

Fenderbender
The new budget was released today,and they've decided to kill the penny.
Australia did it way back in 1992,and I guess it's a good idea considering
it costs 1.5 cents to produce one.They are increasing the retirement age to
67.A bunch of other crap too.The aim is to be deficit free in 3 years.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 23 years
So if something is now marked $1.97 will it be $1.95 or $2.00? You don't have to answer----I know what it will be. Sound inflationary to me. Pennys are part of my exercise routine----I bend over to pickup everyone I see laying on the ground.

klein

Well, it's not quite as you think. All retailers will still have 79c, $1.99 sales, etc. And the penny gets rounded up at the end. Lets say the total is 49.97, probably by law it will be $49.95, and $49.98 would become $50.

So, pennie prices still remain. Besides, it will take years, before the pennie is actually out of circulation, too.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Well, it's not quite as you think. All retailers will still have 79c, $1.99 sales, etc. And the penny gets rounded up at the end. Lets say the total is 49.97, probably by law it will be $49.95, and $49.98 would become $50.

So, pennie prices still remain. Besides, it will take years, before the pennie is actually out of circulation, too.

So some prices will round up and some will round down ??.... ?????????????????

klein

Yup, 2 cans of soup, I.E @ 99 cents each will cost $2.00, but 3 cans will cost $2.95.
The total summe gets rounded up or down to the nearest nickel at check-out.
And that's only if you use cash. I assume debit/credit the pennies remain.

klein

Budget outcome : (and I'm very pleased with it) ! :)

The budget deficit for the current year ending March 31 is now seen at C$24.9 billion ($24.9 billion), almost C$6 billion lower than estimated in November. That gap will narrow to C$21.1 billion in 2012-13 and continue shrinking until a surplus of C$3.4 billion is reached in 2015-16, according to the government's estimates.
In reality, analysts see an underlying surplus as early as 2014-15.

Finance Minister Jim Flaherty said the long-term plan would give the "AAA"-rated country an even bigger advantage over other major economies.
"We're realizing that quite frankly, some of our Western traditional economic allies and other allies will not have economies of great strength in all likelihood in the next while, and we want to be in the next league,".
"We want to be with the emerging economies, we want to be with the economies of South America that are growing, and we're in a position in this country to get there."

Balanced budgets are a source of national pride in Canada after a painful austerity exercise in the mid-1990s led to an 11-year string of surpluses.

The debt-to-GDP ratio is set to decline to 28.5 percent by 2016-17, roughly in line with pre-recession levels, from 33.9 percent this year.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Budget outcome : (and I'm very pleased with it) ! :)

The budget deficit for the current year ending March 31 is now seen at C$24.9 billion ($24.9 billion), almost C$6 billion lower than estimated in November. That gap will narrow to C$21.1 billion in 2012-13 and continue shrinking until a surplus of C$3.4 billion is reached in 2015-16, according to the government's estimates.
In reality, analysts see an underlying surplus as early as 2014-15.

Finance Minister Jim Flaherty said the long-term plan would give the "AAA"-rated country an even bigger advantage over other major economies.
"We're realizing that quite frankly, some of our Western traditional economic allies and other allies will not have economies of great strength in all likelihood in the next while, and we want to be in the next league,".
"We want to be with the emerging economies, we want to be with the economies of South America that are growing, and we're in a position in this country to get there."

Balanced budgets are a source of national pride in Canada after a painful austerity exercise in the mid-1990s led to an 11-year string of surpluses.

The debt-to-GDP ratio is set to decline to 28.5 percent by 2016-17, roughly in line with pre-recession levels, from 33.9 percent this year.

So you are all gun -ho with belt tightening and responsible budgeting........but you love Obama and his free spending, no budget, free spirit, no accountability ways. That doesn't even make sense......unless you are rooting for the demise of the US.