Official Canada Thread with Current News

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=1]Booted out for being born a boy: Transgender beauty queen kicked out of Miss Universe[/h]
A beauty pageant has booted a contestant out the competition after discovering the buxom blonde was born a boy.

The Miss Universe Canada organizers threw out Jenna Talackova when they found out she had undergone surgery to become a woman.

The transgendered contestant had already successfully reached the finals in the Miss Vancouver pageant before she was banned from continuing in the competition.

Although the pageant organizers described Talackova as a ‘real girl’ they disqualified her arguing that the rules state that each contestant must be a ‘naturally born female.’

Read more: Jenna Talackova: Transgender beauty queen kicked out of Miss Universe Canada pageant | Mail Online

klein

Für Meno :)
Canada legalizes brothels

TORONTO (Reuters) - Ontario's highest court has struck down a national law that outlaws brothels but upheld an effective ban on street prostitution, a partial victory for those arguing Canada's laws put sex workers in harm's way.

If the landmark decision stands - it will likely be appealed to the Supreme Court of Canada - the federal government will have to find new ways to regulate prostitution, perhaps by accepting legalized brothels of the sort found in Nevada.

Accepting money in return for sex is not illegal in Canada, but most related activities have been.

DS

Fenderbender
Is this cool or what!

wolffive.png

klein

The Queen ofcourse. She used to be on every single dollar note, too. Now, only on the 20's.

Went to the website DS, already sold out.

klein

Shame they are out. I was pondering how to obtain one.
It is a beautiful coin.

Do you realize they are just over the $30 price for each one ? Comes in a set of 4 for $123.00.
It's because they are made of sterling silver.

Could be a good investment though, and e-bay might still have them.

texan

Once something is sold out and hits E-Bay, it goes up. :sad-little:

I will admit, Canada has some really good looking coins and currency. I know that the one above is commemorative, but
it does mint and create some nice items.

klein

The purest gold coin in the world comes from Canada, with 99999 content. No other country does that. But, it's soo soft, that even mailing it will bend the coins if not properly packaged.

texan

Hey you know, I am not greedy. If you find one of these in your pocket change, I will pay all shipping
for you to send it to me. I will pay a small finders fee also sir.
9bb5491f409bb71458215604261c5.jpg

klein

1 cent would buy you a loaf of bread back then ! I miss my olden days LOL But seriously , even me as a kid, could get 2 for 1 candies for a penny.