Official Canada Thread with Current News

klein

Für Meno :)
Because he probably didn't want to spend 6 figures to get it done in the US !
Gee, btw, the US has far more so called medical tourists than Canada does.

texan

Canada Introduces Plastic Bills, Looking To Go Digital

(Keith Wagstaff) While Americans pull crumpled paper bills out of their pockets to pay for their Mega Millions
tickets, Canadians are busy ditching all of their old currency. The Canadian government introduced plastic
bills in November, recently announced it was doing away with pennies and now is looking to go digital.

The Royal Canadian Mint has announced it will release a completely digital currency called MintChip. Aside
from sounding delicious, MintChip will be stored on physical chips and will be able to hand both big purchases
and nano-transactions – purchases less than $1.

Canada Introduces Plastic Bills,Looking To Go Digital | govtslaves.info

P

pickup

Canada Introduces Plastic Bills, Looking To Go Digital

(Keith Wagstaff) While Americans pull crumpled paper bills out of their pockets to pay for their Mega Millions
tickets, Canadians are busy ditching all of their old currency. The Canadian government introduced plastic
bills in November, recently announced it was doing away with pennies and now is looking to go digital.

The Royal Canadian Mint has announced it will release a completely digital currency called MintChip. Aside
from sounding delicious, MintChip will be stored on physical chips and will be able to hand both big purchases
and nano-transactions – purchases less than $1.

Canada Introduces Plastic Bills,Looking To Go Digital | govtslaves.info

ahh, yes, the Anti-Christ Stephen Harper goes one step closer to getting every Canadian to accept the mark of the beast.

klein

New loonies & toonies now, too !

New $1 and $2 from the Royal Canadian Mint - YouTube

The Loonie and Toonie have evolved

On April 10, 2012, the Royal Canadian Mint unveiled a new generation of one-dollar and two-dollar circulation coins. By combining several leading-edge security features along with its patented Multi-Ply Plated Steel technology, the Mint is producing more resistant, long-lasting coins as well as increased cost-efficiencies for the Government of Canada

klein

Stephen Colbert warns Iceland not to adopt Canadian loonie

Faux right-wing TV commentator Stephen Colbert took aim at Canada, one of his favourite mockery targets, on his show Tuesday over Iceland considering adoption of the loonie to replace its valueless currency.

Also he complains about our new Dinosaur Glow in the Dark coin.

klein

oh, btw, that Dinosaur 25cent coin was (or is selling) at the Royal Mint website for $29.95 (very limited edition of 25.000), I believe.
Now already selling on e-bay for nearly or over $100 with shipping costs ($87 for the coin and $11.00 for standard shipping).

So much for losing value ! Just by purchasing 100 ($3000 value) of them, some people are walking away with $9000 gross or $6.000 in profit, within a weeks time frame. All tax free, too ! (atleast in Canada).

moreluck

golden ticket member
oh, btw, that Dinosaur 25cent coin was (or is selling) at the Royal Mint website for $29.95 (very limited edition of 25.000), I believe.
Now already selling on e-bay for nearly or over $100 with shipping costs ($87 for the coin and $11.00 for standard shipping).

So much for losing value ! Just by purchasing 100 ($3000 value) of them, some people are walking away with $9000 gross or $6.000 in profit, within a weeks time frame. All tax free, too ! (atleast in Canada).

Dinosaur - 25-Cent Coloured Glow-in-the-dark Coin (2012) | eBay

Just goes to show you, there's one born every minute just like P.T. said

DS

Fenderbender
I know a lot of the retired folks here are unable to visit upsers.com ,
so I thought I'd share it so you can read about the expansion to eastern Canada.
I'll just copy and paste the text,I don't think ups will mind.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you build it, they will come…and that’s exactly what we’re doing!

While UPS is in its final phases of the construction on the 1579 Champlain facility, the Public Relations department is working hard to let everyone know that we’ve arrived to deliver their packages.

A package car tour of five locations was organized to help promote the UPS brand within the Greater Moncton Area.

The story generated 20 media clips with a total reach of 8,390,060. What a great brand splash within Canada.

klein

See, we don't need guns to get things done ! ;)

Smothering of alcoholic wife called 'mercy killing'

CBC – 11 hours ago

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Canada announces that foreign workers can now be paid 15% less than Canadians.

Business leaders, eager to recruit low-cost workers abroad, were delighted. Immigrant support groups, already fighting to protect temporary foreign workers from exploitation, were heartsick. And labour leaders warned that the wage cut would bring down the pay scale for all workers and make it harder for Canadians to compete for jobs in their own country.

When Canada introduced its temporary foreign worker program in 2002, the governing Liberals vowed never to adopt the European model route in which “guest workers” are paid less than nationals and treated as second-class residents.

klein

Whats it feel like to be 5% less cooler than us?

Well, you'll find out for yourself if you ever leave the country to go on vacation, and get less Euros, Pesos, or Canuck bucks for your US dollar.

$1 equals :

MXN/USD = 13.01684
MXN/CAD = 13.18615

EUR/USD = 0.75529
EUR/CAD = 0.76511

Well, you'll find out for yourself if you ever leave the country to go on vacation, and get less Euros, Pesos, or Canuck bucks for your US dollar.

$1 equals :

MXN/USD = 13.01684
MXN/CAD = 13.18615

EUR/USD = 0.75529
EUR/CAD = 0.76511

A whole hundredth of a Euro less than you get. Oh My!

klein

First peek at new $20 bill

6 hours ago - Canadian Press 0:37 | 17,330 views

The twenty dollar bill is going plastic. Expected to debut later this year, the polymer notes will have a similar look and feel as the new $50 and $100 bills already in circulation.