Official Canada Thread with Current News

klein

Für Meno :)
oslohouse450.jpg

Canada selling $20,000,000 Norway property

The ambassador's residence in Oslo has been described as one of the best properties in the country. Three private boat moorings

The Harper government is moving forward on austerity measures to make life as a diplomat a little less opulent.

The sale is part of $168-million in budget cuts to Foreign Affairs over three years.
In May, the federal government said they would realize approximately $80 million of those savings by closing up to 40 residences around the world.

Jon Kvisgaard, who handles luxury properties for a prominent real estate firm in Norway told PostMedia that this property is one of the best in the country.
"There is only one property other than the king's that is bigger and maybe nicer in Oslo and that is the U.S. ambassador's residence," Kvisgaard said.

texan

What is this event?

Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth smashes all-time attendance record

A total of 1,299,203 fairgoers have come through Calgary Stampede's gates

The Calgary Stampede has reportedly broken the all-time attendance record in its centennial year.
And they’re not done yet.
Stampede officials say 171,715 fairgoers pushed their way through the turnstiles Saturday, which
ups the 2012 tally to 1,299,203 with one day to go.
The previous all-time record for the entire 10-day event was 1,262,518, set in 2006.

Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth smashes all-time attendance record

klein

Calgary Stampede is the worlds largest Rodeo and Fair. It also distributes the highest pay out prizes for any rodeo event in the world !
Garth Brooks was also there in concert, along many other famous country , pop, and rock singers.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I have had the opportunity to watch the stampede on TV since I was a little kid. I chose Lassie & Flicka instead. You act like Americans haven't heard of this before.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Whoops, this American has not heard of it until today. :blushing:

Until now I thought the Calgary Stampede was a football team in the CFL.

Moreluck, why would you even post something like this, other than to slam Klein? The polite thing to do would have been to read his post, decide whether you had anything positive to say about it and, since you didn't, to then move on without comment. What purpose did it serve to say that you chose Lassie and Flicka over the Calgary Stampede?

There are nearly 1.5 million attendees who disagree with your choice; however, none of them saw fit to talk smack about Lassie or Flicka.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Until now I thought the Calgary Stampede was a football team in the CFL.

Moreluck, why would you even post something like this, other than to slam Klein? The polite thing to do would have been to read his post, decide whether you had anything positive to say about it and, since you didn't, to then move on without comment. What purpose did it serve to say that you chose Lassie and Flicka over the Calgary Stampede?

There are nearly 1.5 million attendees who disagree with your choice; however, none of them saw fit to talk smack about Lassie or Flicka.
Oh yeah, it's Sunday!!
You claim I never had an original thought. . . .Then you slam or critique when I do. Guess what....there's also an award's ceremony in Hollywood every year called the Oscars........ever hear of it? Yeah right, something you really don't need to be told.
Polite thing? Who says I'm polite. It's not a virtue of mine....I say it like it is.

Lassie & Flicka were the choices on my TV back then when the Wide World of Sports would air the stampede. I could've said Rin Tin Tin or Roy Rogers.....better boo?

Remember posting this?
Klein, do me a favor--don't respond to my posts. Dave. (#3 Edward Jones in Life After Brown

Nice way to talk to your buddy!! Go brush your cats!

klein

This is just todays line-up for the bull-riding event.
It's a full North American event - as you can see more American bull-riders than Canadian :

Bull Riding Performance 10 Draw

Sunday, 15 July 2012 1:30 PM
Order
Pool
Competitor
Stock
A
Girletz, Tanner
Cereal AB
friend 634
Team Paige
A
Silcox, Wesley
Santaquin UT
E 703
Gingas Kong
B
Snyder, Luke
Ridgedale MO
O T22
Red Stag
A
Proctor, Shane
Mooresville NC
V 808
Cool Valley
A
Besplug, Chad
Claresholm AB
V 400
Slash
B
Palermo, Robson
Tyler TX
K 635
Whiskey Jack
B
Jenkins, L.J.
Porum OK
O 637
Drop Kick
A
Roy, Aaron
Yellow Grass SK
C 638
Pawn Star
A
Meier, Austin
Kinta OK
C S30
Even Money
B
Lostroh, Kody
LaSalle CO
SA 750
Nedley Mandingo

And oh yeah : The Calgary Stampeders are a CFL Team.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Bull riding.....socialized medicine........risky business!!

Most people that attend rodeos sit through hours of crap for just a few minutes of bull riding. Not a slam....did it many times in Idaho. It's like watching the Nascar cars go in circles wating for a crash!!

klein

Bull riding.....socialized medicine........risky business!!

Sometimes you say silly things !
Are you trying to say that no other country than the US should hold the nascar, Indy or play professional sports such as hockey, football or even ski , etc , because of socialized medicine ?

Edmonton Indy is here next weekend, along with the Calgary Fair that moves north (just the fair - not the rodeo).

Spain just held the running of the bulls last weekend.

klein

Another report from Calgary :
(Was the first city I lived in after returning back from Germany, stayed there for 14 years, then sold my home, with a 30% profit and moved 300km (180 miles) north to Edmonton for a business opportunity). I was able to attend the Calgary Winter Olympics in 1988, even played an extra in the film "Cool Runnings", and of course went to the Calgary Stampede almost every single year.
And btw, over 100.000 US citizens live in Calgary or about 10% of the population are from the US.

calgary450.jpg

Canadian city with best quality of life

Nearly 87 per cent of people in this metropolis said they were satisfied with their lives, according to a new survey. 'City on the rise'

klein

about 10% of the population are from the US

Yeah, like Randy Quaid and other run aways.................mighty fine people!

No mostly oil excusitives, thier familes, and other oil & gas companies related workers.
Half of all those buildings you see in Calgary's skyline are the headquarters of an oil/gas company.
(Chevron, Shell, BP, Exxon, Suncor, Enbridge, Keystone, Petro Canada, Husky, Talisman, etc).

The other are banks and financial institutions from Canada, the US and all over the world, plus a few residential condo towers they built.
Safeway Canada also has their Canadian headquarters in Calgary, along with most mining and other resource companies.

klein

City of Edmonton

The Edmonton Indy (Official Site) is 5 days away!

Get you engines revved up this Wednesday, July 18 -

Check out the IndyCar® haulers Transporter Convoy starting at 11:15 a.m. downtown Edmonton.

And Octane Motorsports Events Invites You to Meet 4 Indycar Drivers starting at 4:00 p.m. at Edmonton City Hall.