Official Canada Thread with Current News

P

pickup

atlas_1765226.jpg
Now Playing

The world must become like Canada to succeed: Harper

Sun, 8 Jul, 2012
Canadian Press 1:29 | 474 views

Prime Minister Stephen Harper says other countries must follow Canada's example when it comes to reaching economic stability. Harper was speaking Saturday at the annual Stampede week barbecue he hosts in his Calgary riding.

Is Harper doing the Hitler salute??

P

pickup

klein;9 [URL="http://ca.news.yahoo.com/video/canews-22424922/the-world-must-become-like-canada-to-succeed-harper-29917433.html#crsl=%252Fvideo%252Fcanews-22424922%252Fthe-world-must-become-like-canada-to-succeed-harper-29917433.html" said:
The world must become like Canada to succeed: Harper
[/URL]
Sun, 8 Jul, 2012
Canadian Press 1:29 | 474 views

Prime Minister Stephen Harper says other countries must follow Canada's example when it comes to reaching economic stability. Harper was speaking Saturday at the annual Stampede week barbecue he hosts in his Calgary riding.

• Wow look at all the viewer comments, sounds like a lot of Canadians don't like Harper.

Booohoo king Haroper.

Just take Albertas oil sands outa the piccie and Canada is SOL.​

• transparent.png

0users liked this commentThumbs UpThumbs Down0users disliked this comment
    Edward W 2 hours 57 minutes ago Report Abuse
    Who is Harper trying to kid? The entire World apparently. Canada is not immune to the economic problems the World is facing.​

• transparent.png

0users liked this commentThumbs UpThumbs Down0users disliked this comment
    ME 1 hour 29 minutes ago Report Abuse
    If you banned muslims I might think you know what is good for Canada!!!​

• transparent.png

6users liked this commentThumbs UpThumbs Down0users disliked this comment
    . 1 day 3 hours ago Report Abuse
    What Harper is saying is follow my example on how to plunder your nation's wealth.​
    1 Reply

• transparent.png

2users liked this commentThumbs UpThumbs Down0users disliked this comment
      ...FIGHT Report Abuse
      YUP​
  • transparent.png

6users liked this commentThumbs UpThumbs Down1users disliked this comment
    Matt 1 day 5 hours ago Report Abuse
    So is he saying the world should give away hundreds of BILLIONS like the $114 BILLION the Conservatives gave to the CIBC, BMO, BNS, lie to Canadians, hide the data, let the banks pretend and report the money as "profits", let the CEOs get their multi million dollar bonuses and then enslave every working Canadian for two more years to pay for this? Then of course fly off to Europe and act as if they know how to manage Canada while they spend, spend, spend?​
    1 Reply

• transparent.png

3users liked this commentThumbs UpThumbs Down0users disliked this comment
      ...FIGHT Report Abuse
      I Totally Agree with You .
      Harper is a Lying Hypocite​
  • transparent.png

4users liked this commentThumbs UpThumbs Down1users disliked this comment
    ...FIGHT Burlington, Ontario 1 day 1 hour ago Report Abuse
    Harper is an Egotistical Lying Power Freak Hypocrite . Enough said .​

• If you want to suceed, don't be like Canada. Harper is ruining our country culturally, economically, environmentally and morally.​

• transparent.png

7users liked this commentThumbs UpThumbs Down0users disliked this comment
    A Yahoo! User Calgary, Alberta 1 day 7 hours ago Report AbuseWhat a joke harpo is, the rest of the world wants nothing to do with a right wing, dictatorial, oil state.Reply

• transparent.png

2users liked this commentThumbs UpThumbs Down0users disliked this comment
    B 22 hours ago Report Abuse
    Harper is an Idiot! And so is Klein!​

• transparent.png

6users liked this commentThumbs UpThumbs Down1users disliked this comment
    Realist Red Deer, Alberta 1 day 6 hours ago Report Abuse
    This is arrogant talk from Harper, that the world should be like Canada, the man is a follower of Leo Strauss, a fascist nazi supporter with the exception that Hitler may have been too severe.
    Here is an excerpt to unveil the deceit going on in the Harper regime "The 'noble lie'-----Strauss believed that allowing citizens to govern themselves will lead, inevitably, to terror and tyranny, as the Weimar Republic succumbed to the Nazis in the 1930s. A ruling elite of political philosophers must make those decisions because it is the only group smart enough. It must resort to deception -- Strauss's "noble lie" -- to protect citizens from themselves. The elite must hide the truth from the public by writing in code. "Using metaphors and cryptic language," philosophers communicated one message for the elite, and another message for "the unsophisticated general population," philosopher Jeet Heer recently wrote in the Globe and Mail. "For Strauss, the art of concealment and secrecy was among the greatest legacies of antiquity."
    Harper continued to make strides in his deception as a leader in the NCC Nat'l Citizens Coalation.
    The NCC is a well-funded right-wing Canadian lobby group that has been heavily involved in advertising and political campaigns and legal challenges in support of its goals of "more freedom with less government." The impetus that led Colin M Brown to found the organization in 1967 was his stalwart opposition, as an insurance agent and doctor's son, to public health insurance or "socialized medicine", as it was framed at the time by its opponents. The NCC has publicly stated that as a matter of principle it conceals the names of the interests that fund its campaigns. In January 1997, Stephen Harper quit his Parliamentary seat and was named Vice-President of the NCC the same day.
    NCC has campaigned prominently on many libertarian, anti-worker and anti-public service issues over the years including:
    campaigns to "de-unionize" the workforce;
    opposition to fair tax reform;
    privatization and/or elimination of public sector services;
    discredit any activity carried out through the public sector such as education or health care;
    court challenges to social unionism;
    "closed shop" provisions in Canadian labour law;
    lobbying campaign to have "right-to-work" legislation implemented in Alberta;
    legal and advertising support for challenges to Canadian Wheat Board;
    court challenge to annul election of BC NDP government, advertising campaigns against targeted politicians and parties;
    media campaign attacking MP pensions;
    court challenges to electoral laws that would limit third party spending;
    media campaign attacking grants for the arts, advocacy organizations, and social science research;
    attacks on public funding for what it calls "interest groups" such as human rights or women's groups.

The NCC has operated through various "grassroots" front groups under names like "Canadians Against Forced Unionism", "Freedom of Choice", "Albertans for Responsible Government", and "Ontarians for Responsible Government".

For those who do not know the meaning of fascism - dictatorial movement: any movement, ideology, or attitude that favors dictatorial government, centralized control of private enterprise, repression of all opposition, and extreme nationalism​

klein

Für Meno :)
Hey Klein, did you get flooded in that storm,?

I just heard a storm last night, but not much rain where I live.
Still too damn hot here, between 32-34 C the whole week !

ON another note, look at this :

50292_134146296633274_1997892_q.jpg

Air Canada

We’re thrilled to win. Again.
It’s truly a great honour to be named Best International Airline in North America for the third year in a row!

klein

1border450.jpg

Americans move to Canada in record numbers

Economic woes in the U.S. are pushing many Americans north of the border to improve their prospects. Backwards 'brain drain

klein

torcal450.jpg

Is Calgary becoming the new Toronto?

Toronto may have five times the population and a larger economy, but Calgary has momentum on its side. Compare the two

P

pickup

1border450.jpg

Americans move to Canada in record numbers

Economic woes in the U.S. are pushing many Americans north of the border to improve their prospects. Backwards 'brain drain

Well Klein, if you are the typical Canadian, then I can say with some confidence that these Americans are going there to do the jobs that able bodied Canadians are unwilling to do.

klein

Well Klein, if you are the typical Canadian, then I can say with some confidence that these Americans are going there to do the jobs that able bodied Canadians are unwilling to do.

You have no clue what I do !
I just done Boonstock (Canada's largest outdoor Rock festival) again ! It had 65.000 attendance there.
Now, I just landed a new contract for downtown Edmonton for 3 days - Caribbean Festival - has 80.000 attendance.
That will be nuts, sofar I hired 2 people, but probably need atleast 1 more , yet.
If I only get 5% visiting my booth, that's 4000 people in 3 days, or close to 1400 per day, in a 12 hr day (8am-8pm), which is serving over 100 people per hr, or basically 1 every 30 seconds !

I might be over my head on this one - but I'm willing to give it a shot !

Plus, I do other jobs on the side, like my grocery deliveries (have 1 today), and whatever else I find to get me by like this one :

RE: Interview: (RE: Reply to your "LIQUOR SAMPLE SERVERS NEEDED - JULY 27th & 28th)
Date:
Friday, July 13, 2012 8:20:31 AM

Perfect! Please come to the address listed below. I will add that we are kiddie corner behind the Scotia Place, across from a parkade, near the Central LRT station and beside the Sherlock Holmes pub. If for any reason you are unable to make this interview, please contact our office to let us know.
Thanks and have a great day!

Nicole

(pays actually $15 hr - easy money ) :)

Last edited:

klein

Pretty much all of them?

Hey, you can start here at UPS - they just advertised more friend/t driver jobs.
12 hrs per day the ad reads. (nothing new) - but considering your driving time to and from work (1 hr), and 1 hr lunch/coffee break - you have a 14 hr day.
Leave at 7am, come home at 9pm. That's the UPS life here.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hey, you can start here at UPS - they just advertised more friend/t driver jobs.
12 hrs per day the ad reads. (nothing new) - but considering your driving time to and from work (1 hr), and 1 hr lunch/coffee break - you have a 14 hr day.
No, YOU can't start at UPS........

klein

No, YOU can't start at UPS........

Why would I even want to ? We walked out of Boonstock with $8000 profit in 3 days.
Caribbean fest downtown with more people and less vendors, most likey $10.000 and over for 3 days.
I'm already stocking up on botteld water, was on sale yesterday, worked out to just 10 cents a bottle - they will sell for $2.00.
Now, that's greedy profit !

My caribbean chicken breats, with bun, lettuce, tomotoe and propane costs is less than $1.50 each - they'll sell for $6.00 (which is actually cheap, because Mc Donalds charges almost $6.00 for theirs) - might have to charge a bit more.

My All Alberta Beef 8" hotdogs with cost of bun and condiments cost about 50 cents - they'll sell for $4.00 and with shredded cheese $ 5.00

Last edited:

If you actually read anything in the threads you derail you might have picked up the fact that it's the UPS life down here also. I don't need your UPS ft driving position. I was able to hang on to the one I have for longer than 18 months.