On this Day

texan

On this day, 20 April 1832, Hot Springs National Park was established by an act of the U.S. Congress.
It was the first national park in the U.S

texan

On this day, 20 April 1916, Chicago's Wrigley Field held its first Cubs game with the first National League
game at the ballpark. The Cubs beat the Cincinnati Reds 7-6 in 11 innings.

texan

On this day, 21 April 1986, The once-notorious Lexington Hotel in Chicago received a visitor, in the person of Geraldo Rivera,
along with a camera crew. A record audience watched as the long-sealed vault of racketeer, Al Capone was opened during
a much-hyped TV special. Guess what? All that Geraldo found were broken bottles and no trace that Capone and his gang had
ever stashed anything there.

texan

On this day, April 22nd, 1864, The U.S. Congress mandated that all coins minted as U.S. currency bear
the inscription “In God We Trust.”

texan

On this day, 22 April 1914, Babe Ruth, playing for the Baltimore Orioles, made his pitching debut in pro ball.
He shut out the Buffalo Bisons, 6-0.

texan

On this day, April 22 1974, Redbone won a gold record for the single, Come and Get Your Love.
The group, playing American Indian ‘swamp rock’, formed in Los Angeles in 1968.
Redbone is a Native American rock group that was most active in the 1970s.

texan

If I started a thread on this (it probably has been done before, I would have to check, or perhaps ask Dave) sparks would fly.
Maybe I should.... hmmmmm

menotyou

bella amicizia
Oh, please. Who cares about that. If it is too much, the mods will combine them. I hate it when other members bully people and then skip around singing, " tra-la-la" after under the guise of 'new and improved'.