Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

tourists24

Which is literally what I told you. It doesn't work for YOU.
Do you realize that you are not most people? Or is your universe that small?
And I do represent more people than you think that are like me. I'm in no bubble. I see that if you live in a big city and go to work and back day in and out it may be ok. But that's not "most" people all over. And am tired of people telling me I need to quit driving a gas guzzler and go to a piece of crap that I don't want. My son has a Kia EV because he thought he was saving the planet and is now learning that it's a pain in the butt compared to a gas car (at least in the present).

wilberforce15

And I do represent more people than you think that are like me. I'm in no bubble. I see that if you live in a big city and go to work and back day in and out it may be ok. But that's not "most" people all over. And am tired of people telling me I need to quit driving a gas guzzler and go to a piece of crap that I don't want. My son has a Kia EV because he thought he was saving the planet and is now learning that it's a pain in the butt compared to a gas car (at least in the present).
Data is what data is. You are not data.

The average car goes 12k a year including maybe a road trip or two. The EV is superior in all respects at that use.

wilberforce15

I didn't tell you to switch. Kia sucks.

Why don't your people actually buy a decent one?

tourists24

If electric vehicles were so great, word of mouth would spread fast and soon the gas engine would be obsolete. Hasn't happened yet nor will it til the electric is "better" and worth it to switch

wilberforce15

If electric vehicles were so great, word of mouth would spread fast and soon the gas engine would be obsolete. Hasn't happened yet nor will it til the electric is "better" and worth it to switch
It's only a matter of production. Demand outstrips years of supply. Tesla doesn't have a marketing department and doubles sales every year. 2 million in the next 12 months. 4 million in the year after that.

vantexan

From Scotty Kilmer on YouTube.

EV hidden costs:

1. Purchase price.

2. Higher insurance costs. Usually 25% higher.

3. Higher maintenance costs. They need maintenance less often but very expensive when they do. The average annual repair cost for ICE cars is $650. For Tesla it's $830.

4. Cold weather degradation. If you live in a climate with large seasonal temperature swings it will degrade your battery faster.

5. Cold weather range. One hidden cost is the battery heats the interior of your car. Degrades the battery faster in a cold climate and reduces range.

6. Public charging stations can be expensive depending on provider.

7. Average cost for a fast charger in your home is $1500. That doesn't include the cost of an electrician to upgrade your home's power system and other costs.

8. Batteries need to be replaced every 8-10 years and can run $6000-$20000 depending on the make.

9. Some states are now charging higher registration fees for EV's since they don't pay gas taxes.

10. EV's have features like driver less navigation. But you have to pay a lot extra to get those features on some models. Especially Tesla.