Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
1657536320820.png

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Given all that....

There is a new(1) EV charge station at our small town(pop 3000) grocery store. You spend 30 min at a grocery store.....? WTF?

Folks might drive 20 miles to get to that store.....

Besides woke feel good stuff......I don't get it.
Well.

I can tell you I generally spend a half hour or more at a grocery store. Lol. Not exactly my regular domain, so I generally don't shop as efficiently as I guess I could.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
But it wouldn't take 8 hours to fully charge an EV at a public charging station. It would take closer to an hour or so.
Depends on the charger, I guess. I don't know much about them, but I looked it up.

How Long Does It Take to Charge a Tesla at a Charging Station?

Looks like it's only fast if you have a 480v charger.

Looks like if you're using a common 32 Amp charger, you'd get 25 miles every hour of charge.

That... Doesn't seem great.

wilberforce15

Depends on the charger, I guess. I don't know much about them, but I looked it up.

How Long Does It Take to Charge a Tesla at a Charging Station?

Looks like it's only fast if you have a 480v charger.

Looks like if you're using a common 32 Amp charger, you'd get 25 miles every hour of charge.

That... Doesn't seem great.
32 amp chargers are for overnight use at home, and it's more than sufficient, because it charges 200 miles while you're asleep. No trips to the gas station at all, making it more convenient than gas.

wilberforce15

Given all that....

There is a new(1) EV charge station at our small town(pop 3000) grocery store. You spend 30 min at a grocery store.....? WTF?

Folks might drive 20 miles to get to that store.....

Besides woke feel good stuff......I don't get it.
30 minutes will get bring just about all EV owners to a full tank in most situations. You guys are just making stuff up.
And if you drove 20 miles to the store, why would you fill up at all? lol

Box Ox

Tesla already is shipping cars with multi-million mile batteries.
The 4680 cell is a battery that will outlast you, and is mass producing as we speak.

"Elon Musk has stated that a Model 3 battery was designed to last 300,000 to 500,000 miles or 1,500 charging cycles. That is the same number of cycles this 4680 battery is showing."

wilberforce15

"Elon Musk has stated that a Model 3 battery was designed to last 300,000 to 500,000 miles or 1,500 charging cycles. That is the same number of cycles this 4680 battery is showing."
Yes. Tesla lies. They're saying the new battery is only twice as good as the old, so that people will still buy the old.
It's really 10x better. I already showed that.

wilberforce15

I missed your proof, eh?
I posted quite a lot. About every dozen pages here. The older articles are more accurate, and from people who actually handled the cell and tested it.

Your articles are parroting Tesla's corporate line. The corporate line is that it's only a 300k to 500k battery and only a doubling of life and performance.

When they had "Battery Day" and threw a party for millions of dollars, they hadn't yet figured out that revealing the quantum leap would destroy current sales. That's the Osborne Effect. Then they started to lie to keep the quantum leap a secret.