Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

wilberforce15

Little people who can't afford to buy their own home or spend thousands extra for an EV don't count. Let them eat cake.
Rich people get the best new technology first. When they fund its development and expansion, prices come down and becomes a mass product for everyone.
That's the way every technology works. EVs will achieve price parity and then be below ICE cost very soon, and in some respects, already are.

qdg2

Not one person i know has an EV. Nobody at the grocery store was charging.

Nobody.

BTW, they are threatening power outages here this afternoon....due to usage/non-capacity.

Interesting.....I guess that would include the gas stations too....lol.

wilberforce15

Not one person i know has an EV. Nobody at the grocery store was charging.

Nobody.

BTW, they are threatening power outages here this afternoon....due to usage/non-capacity.

Interesting.....I guess that would include the gas stations too....lol.
I don't know anyone with an EV, other than myself.

And yet, numbers are numbers.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Interesting article.

The problem, Winton says, is that range numbers are derived from driving conditions divorced from real-world driving. Instead, they’re based on the computerized Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicles Test Procedure, or WLTP — a laboratory test that aims to measure and standardize EV range numbers.

This means that the range you get could be, in real-world scenarios, up to 32 percent less than what’s promised.

newolddude

Interesting article.

The problem, Winton says, is that range numbers are derived from driving conditions divorced from real-world driving. Instead, they’re based on the computerized Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicles Test Procedure, or WLTP — a laboratory test that aims to measure and standardize EV range numbers.

This means that the range you get could be, in real-world scenarios, up to 32 percent less than what’s promised.
The same way EPA gas mileage is off?

I don’t think I’ve ever gotten what my window sticker claimed except with a 40mph tail wind.

wilberforce15

vantexan

That's what recalls are for. There's always a number of problems with new cars; electric, gas, hybrids, it doesn't matter.
True, but we're talking about ease of use at charging stations. What that guy went through in the video would certainly keep me from buying that brand.