Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

wilberforce15

That's a pretty big Achilles heel that hasn't been solved yet. If one is in an area where he can charge at home and he only drives in the city most of the time then more power to him, no pun intended. While we're at it the problem of having enough copper and silver to make hundreds of millions of EV's hasn't been solved yet either. I'm sure you'll figure it out. No big deal.
It hasn't been solved yet because it's not a problem yet. America waits until the night before the project is due to start. That's just how most of humanity works. It's not a stress now. It's easy to fix in the future.

And you're still hung up on silly metals. You are desperate to find the Achilles heel.

I get it. The EV industry exists to empower enviroglobalist tyrants of the highest order, who would string me up at the slightest excuse. That's true. I get it. But that doesn't mean you make up imaginary weaknesses.

vantexan

It hasn't been solved yet because it's not a problem yet. America waits until the night before the project is due to start. That's just how most of humanity works. It's not a stress now. It's easy to fix in the future.

And you're still hung up on silly metals. You are desperate to find the Achilles heel.

I get it. The EV industry exists to empower enviroglobalist tyrants of the highest order, who would string me up at the slightest excuse. That's true. I get it. But that doesn't mean you make up imaginary weaknesses.
Still don't have enough capacity. Still don't have enough copper and silver. And you don't wait to the last minute to do anything of this magnitude. Environmental crazies are pushing us into societal collapse and you're good cause you've got yours.

wilberforce15

Still don't have enough capacity. Still don't have enough copper and silver. And you don't wait to the last minute to do anything of this magnitude. Environmental crazies are pushing us into societal collapse and you're good cause you've got yours.
It's not a large magnitude. You can start 5 years from now with 5 year projects, and it's still fine. There isn't a problem. If you don't count CA, there is no issue at all.

We have plenty of copper and silver, too. The EV train isn't going to stop rolling just because you're yelling from the nosebleed seats about problems that aren't real.

vantexan

It's not a large magnitude. You can start 5 years from now with 5 year projects, and it's still fine. There isn't a problem. If you don't count CA, there is no issue at all.

We have plenty of copper and silver, too. The EV train isn't going to stop rolling just because you're yelling from the nosebleed seats about problems that aren't real.
We don't have enough copper and silver. Period.

rod

Retired 23 years
Tesla hasn't freshened up their designs a bit and probably won't. A 2012 Tesla Model S looks like a 2022 Tesla Model S. And my guess is the 2032 Model S will be pretty much the same.

And don't get me started on the Tesla Cybertruck
Cybertruck-MAIN_i.jpg

At least the Lightning looks normal.
2022_Ford_F-150_LightingFD_1.jpg

Vehicles that were ahead of their time that failed.
1934 Chrysler Airflow
Tucker
Edsel
Chrysler Turbine
Anything with a Wankel engine
soon to be --Tesla pickup

wilberforce15

Vehicles that were ahead of their time that failed.
1934 Chrysler Airflow
Tucker
Edsel
Chrysler Turbine
Anything with a Wankel engine
soon to be --Tesla pickup
Except 2 million EVs are selling this year by just that company. This isn't a big departure.

They built the most advanced car manufacturing facility in the world, bigger than CACH, because demand isn't in doubt

rod

Retired 23 years

oldngray

nowhere special
Maybe a few but I picture MANY cancelling orders after getting this news. ---I would.-- (especially if money has already changed hands)
No way I would pay for that thing before it was delivered to me. That 5 year wait could turn into 10 years. Or the company might go belly up while you were waiting.

newolddude

I think in our lifetimes we'll see 1/3 electric, 1/3 hybrid and 1/3 ICE for regular passenger cars and trucks on the road.

Can someone explain to me the anger over a partial transition to electric vehicles?

wilberforce15

What is a small amount? $500 or more? I wouldn't assume anyone would be dumb enough to pay all in advance-- at least I hope not.
That's fine. It has varied 100 to 500. My point is there will be no unsold cybertrucks.

The wankel engine or the Delorean didn't have a million+ pre-orders with deposit and a rabid fanbase.