Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

rod

Retired 23 years
That's fine. It has varied 100 to 500. My point is there will be no unsold cybertrucks.

The wankel engine or the Delorean didn't have a million+ pre-orders with deposit and a rabid fanbase.
People had more common sense back then. They didn't have to have the latest-greatest thing that came along like the people do now days. I bet you even get the newest I-Phone every time one comes out.

oldngray

nowhere special
That's fine. It has varied 100 to 500. My point is there will be no unsold cybertrucks.

The wankel engine or the Delorean didn't have a million+ pre-orders with deposit and a rabid fanbase.
When did a Delorean have a Wankel engine? I thought they had GM 350's. Mazda owned the rights for Wankels.

wilberforce15

What makes you think that? I'm saying many will cancel orders if they are put on a 5 + year waiting list.
The list is still just as long after the list has been out for a year.

I can't even put myself in the shoes of people who think Tesla won't sell everything it makes.

rod

Retired 23 years
It's actually superior at most measurable things to its competitors in the half ton segment. What are you talking about?
Except the one thing that anyone who really uses a pickup needs. The ability to pull a trailer and haul heavy loads over a long distance. If you are buying one just because "it's cool" (not practical-just cool) knock yourself out. Waste your money.

wilberforce15

Except the one thing that anyone who really uses a pickup needs. The ability to pull a trailer and haul heavy loads over a long distance. If you are buying one just because "it's cool" (not practical-just cool) knock yourself out. Waste your money.
If you need that, you don't buy a half ton. That's why it's competing against half tons.

rod

Retired 23 years
What half ton has adjustable air ride? On board compressor? 3500lb payload? 17 inches of ground clearance?

These things matter. It ain't snake oil.
Humvee's had that stuff years ago---plus the ability to haul and pull. WHAT good is a 3500 lb payload good for if you can only haul it for a few miles?

wilberforce15

Most pickups spend their money whole lives and never long haul a heavy load.

rod

Retired 23 years
If you need that, you don't buy a half ton. That's why it's competing against half tons.
I'm not talking hauling elephants with a half ton--I'm talking being able to haul what it is rated for over a distance longer than 85 miles--- like the test that was done on a Tesla truck.