Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

wilberforce15

I’ve never heard of any where they just spontaneously blow up. I’ve heard of half a dozen electric ones do just that in their short life span thus far.
I can't account for what you have and haven't heard. I'm not responsible for your bubble.
Electrical shorts and leaking gas are major culprits. It's incredibly common. The rate is far higher than EV's. You just hear about EV's because it makes the news, and lots of people have a financial interest in playing that up.

Non liberal

I can't account for what you have and haven't heard. I'm not responsible for your bubble.
Electrical shorts and leaking gas are major culprits. It's incredibly common. The rate is far higher than EV's. You just hear about EV's because it makes the news, and lots of people have a financial interest in playing that up.
Lol, I don’t really think that’s true. That is not their only problem however. When the battery dies or doesn’t hold a charge long enough to be useful, the car is junk, you have to buy a new one because of the outlandish price of replacing the battery. So far they are not even close to being reliable enough to overtake the combustion engine.

Non liberal

No, it doesn't. Electric motors have one moving part and EV's generally have no transmission.
List the top ten things that might break and disable a gas car, and the EV doesn't even have those parts.
I don’t care how many moving parts there are. If it’s zero degrees outside and a 40mph wind…. I want my Toyota to climb into vs that heap of electrical :censored2:.

wilberforce15

Lol, I don’t really think that’s true. That is not their only problem however. When the battery dies or doesn’t hold a charge long enough to be useful, the car is junk, you have to buy a new one because of the outlandish price of replacing the battery. So far they are not even close to being reliable enough to overtake the combustion engine.
There is no price for replacing the battery, because it is not replaced if you buy a new one.
We have the numbers. There are 120k vehicle fires just on the highways. 250k a year overall. They're almost entirely gas. They just don't make the news.

Non liberal

There is no price for replacing the battery, because it is not replaced if you buy a new one.
We have the numbers. There are 120k vehicle fires just on the highways. 250k a year overall. They're almost entirely gas. They just don't make the news.
Yes, there are accidents that take place that cause vehicle fires. I’m talking about spontaneous combustion of these electric cars. I’ve heard of it happen a few times to teslas.

Non liberal

This guy begs to differ, lol, garbage.

Attachments

• 63E87F3E-F608-45F5-81FB-64C82013E508.png
    63E87F3E-F608-45F5-81FB-64C82013E508.png
    774 KB · Views: 37