Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

wilberforce15

The willful ignorance is just astounding. This is a world full of old wiring and leaky gas lines and people want to believe a battery catches fire more often than that.

It's nuts. This isn't hard. All the studies say the same thing.

EV fires are worse, and also happen at a much lower rate.

This isn't hard.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Are hybrids ev's?
Car-Vehicle-Fires-Chart.jpg

Here, since you aren't good at reading, and you don't seem to be capable of following what a video shows you..

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
The willful ignorance is just astounding. This is a world full of old wiring and leaky gas lines and people want to believe a battery catches fire more often than that.

It's nuts. This isn't hard. All the studies say the same thing.

EV fires are worse, and also happen at a much lower rate.

This isn't hard.
Hey guys, we should all install small nuclear reactors in our homes. Due to they run cleaner then coal. Who cares what we have to do with the waste afterwards.

wilberforce15

Union Weak just quoted and approved of a post that showed EVs are safer and had much fewer fires.

When he realized he affirmed my point, he deleted the post.

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
Yes, they are. All the time. Six figures of them every year.

You have to know what can manipulate these numbers right? "petroleum cars catch fire every year" is total BS without quantifying evidence. Stop embarrassing yourself. How about you site how many gas cars catch fire spontaneously or due to minor damage?
How about you show me what the EXACT carbon footprint is for an ev from the very first plastic pellet used to the junk yard. I'm willing to bet these ev cars are not nearly as green as the stupid public thinks they are.
Use facts.

oldngray

nowhere special
You have to know what can manipulate these numbers right? "petroleum cars catch fire every year" is total BS without quantifying evidence. Stop embarrassing yourself. How about you site how many gas cars catch fire spontaneously or due to minor damage?
How about you show me what the EXACT carbon footprint is for an ev from the very first plastic pellet used to the junk yard. I'm willing to bet these ev cars are not nearly as green as the stupid public thinks they are.
Use facts.
How many of those cars were torched on purpose?

wilberforce15

Use facts.
I don't care about the environment and haven't made any claims about the environment. Ev's are superior at most transportation tasks for most people. Full stop.

Gas cars catch fire with no movement, with minor damage and with major accidents. There are simply more ways to start the fire with a gas engine. This isn't hard. You just don't want it to be true.

vantexan

Union Weak just quoted and approved of a post that showed EVs are safer and had much fewer fires.

When he realized he affirmed my point, he deleted the post.
Adding to what Black Friday said, how many ICE vehicle fires are the result of vehicle accidents? Since they are most of the vehicles on the road and get into the most accidents a good deal, if not most, of their fires are likely due to vehicle accidents.

oldngray

nowhere special
Basically none. How desperate are you?

Starters grind for no reason on old cars sitting in driveways. Minor accidents cause fuel leaks which hit a spark. Etc. This isn't hard. You guys just don't want it to be true
You can't (or won't) answer the question then. Very few gas cars spontaneously combust but many are set fire on purpose.

oldngray

nowhere special
Adding to what Black Friday said, how many ICE vehicle fires are the result of vehicle accidents? Since they are most of the vehicles on the road and get into the most accidents a good deal, if not most, of their fires are likely due to vehicle accidents.
How many fires due to vandalism or insurance fraud?

wilberforce15

You can't (or won't) answer the question then. Very few gas cars spontaneously combust but many are set fire on purpose.
You think six figures of cars every year are torched? Are you from Detroit or something? It's silly. It's stupid.

Minor accidents and old wiring cause dozens of fires every single day.

vantexan

You think six figures of cars every year are torched? Are you from Detroit or something? It's silly. It's stupid.

Minor accidents and old wiring cause dozens of fires every single day.
Poor wiring to begin with. Toyota recalled over a million cars once due to a bad wiring harness that could, and did, cause fires. Minor accidents if you count cars like the Pinto. You're trying to suggest a lot of fires start with a minor fender bender. Not likely.