Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

wilberforce15

100k car fires happen on the highway every year. Just the highway.

You think this is interstate arson?

Or is it the obvious reason.... Car wrecks with gas engines

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
You think six figures of cars every year are torched? Are you from Detroit or something? It's silly. It's stupid.

Minor accidents and old wiring cause dozens of fires every single day.
Car-Vehicle-Fires-Chart.jpg

Do you not understand this?? Ev's by far due to percentages, catch fire more then gas vehicles.

wilberforce15

Not sure where they're getting their numbers from.

Why would you doubt them?
Sales numbers are easy to get, as these are all publicly traded companies that disclose such things in earnings updates.

And we can track it anyway with state license information, as every state tracks numbers of registered by make/model.
Profoundly desperate.

These numbers are easy to get.

wilberforce15

When I talked a bout fires, I meant spontaneous fires, for no reason. He doesn’t seem to get that, or want to admit it.
So you admit that gas engines are a much greater fire risk, but you only want to talk about a very limited kind of fire? Because you're that desperate? Okay.
Spontaneous fires while sitting aren't tracked. But it's simple ignorance not to know that gas causes more of those too. How many times have you heard a starter start grinding without the key in?

Maybe I'm the only one with an old vehicle. I've had spontaneous fires, because we're rednecks that have old trucks. Electrical problems are super common, and random combustion is way more common with gas.

This isn't hard. You're just desperate.

Non liberal

That would be your fault for not making one, and leaving us to guess what you're even trying to say.
The po in it was, an ev drivetrain is wonderful, until you get to the battery part, lol. Where it will cost you 22000.00 to replace when needed. It’s not my fault your not smart enough to see the point being made sir.

wilberforce15

The po in it was, an ev drivetrain is wonderful, until you get to the battery part, lol. Where it will cost you 22000.00 to replace when needed. It’s not my fault your not smart enough to see the point being made sir.
If you're talking about a battery, why did you post a motor? lol. Stupid.

And the battery replacement cost on a new EV is zero.

It won't be replaced.

wilberforce15

Paul Christensen, a professor in the School of Engineering at Newcastle University in England, studies the issue of electric vehicle fires and acts as an advisor on the topic to emergency responders. “At the moment, I believe that spontaneous fires are less likely to occur in electric vehicles than they do in conventional, diesel or petrol vehicles,” he says. “But the problem we have is that the data collection has been very patchy—and we don’t have sufficient data as of yet.”

Ou812fu

Looking at that chart it's per 100,000 sold. So EV's catch fire a lot less. Also looking at that chart only a little over 200,000 EV's had been sold. Would like to see more up to date info.
Van a hybrid is an ev. Most ev's have small motors to add an additional amount of miles..

Ou812fu

Paul Christensen, a professor in the School of Engineering at Newcastle University in England, studies the issue of electric vehicle fires and acts as an advisor on the topic to emergency responders. “At the moment, I believe that spontaneous fires are less likely to occur in electric vehicles than they do in conventional, diesel or petrol vehicles,” he says. “But the problem we have is that the data collection has been very patchy—and we don’t have sufficient data as of yet.”
That's like taking this as fact.

Tesla claims that gasoline-powered cars are about 11 times more likely to catch fire as opposed to a Tesla.