Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

Non liberal

So you admit that gas engines are a much greater fire risk, but you only want to talk about a very limited kind of fire? Because you're that desperate? Okay.
Spontaneous fires while sitting aren't tracked. But it's simple ignorance not to know that gas causes more of those too. How many times have you heard a starter start grinding without the key in?

Maybe I'm the only one with an old vehicle. I've had spontaneous fires, because we're rednecks that have old trucks. Electrical problems are super common, and random combustion is way more common with gas.

This isn't hard. You're just desperate.
Lol, any vehicle, ev or gas will catch fire in an accident. And no I’ve never heard of a gas engine spontaneously catching fire. Sorry, now you’re desperate.

wilberforce15

Lol, any vehicle, ev or gas will catch fire in an accident. And no I’ve never heard of a gas engine spontaneously catching fire. Sorry, now you’re desperate.
You've never heard of it, but I just cited the professor who is consulted on this matter, and his intuition in Popular Science is the same as mine.

And no, and EV is less likely to catch fire in a crash. And it's less likely to catch fire sitting still.

Spontaneous fires in sitting gas cars are incredibly common.

vantexan

Van a hybrid is an ev. Most ev's have small motors to add an additional amount of miles..
No, a hybrid starts out in electric mode then the gas engine takes over at higher speeds as well as recharges the hybrid battery. Very different from an all electric vehicle. And one that I think for basic transportation is much better than an EV. Much more affordable.

wilberforce15

20% of ALL fires are linked to electrical problems. In gas vehicles.

So throw out all the crashes, and you still have tens of thousands of gas engine fires just from electrical problems. Every year.

Non liberal

100k car fires happen on the highway every year. Just the highway.

You think this is interstate arson?

Or is it the obvious reason.... Car wrecks with gas engines
Just wait until there are more evs on the road that number will triple. Does that info include fires in your driveway, or garage?

Non liberal

20% of ALL fires are linked to electrical problems. In gas vehicles.

So throw out all the crashes, and you still have tens of thousands of gas engine fires just from electrical problems. Every year.
Lol, thanks for making my point for me🤣 20% linked to electrical problems, but evs don’t catch fire.lol

Non liberal

So you admit that gas engines are a much greater fire risk, but you only want to talk about a very limited kind of fire? Because you're that desperate? Okay.
Spontaneous fires while sitting aren't tracked. But it's simple ignorance not to know that gas causes more of those too. How many times have you heard a starter start grinding without the key in?

Maybe I'm the only one with an old vehicle. I've had spontaneous fires, because we're rednecks that have old trucks. Electrical problems are super common, and random combustion is way more common with gas.

Wth? You ain’t no redneck if you’re driving an ev, sorry. I’m gonna have to pull your redneck card.

Non liberal

My stats showed >100k car fires on the interstate system.

You think it's people torching interstate cars.

It's wrecks with gas engines. This is very, very, very easy. And it's a direct answer.

Arson isn't an interstate thing
Yes, I am admitting that if ANY car gets into an accident, it could very easily catch fire. And when the amount of evs on the road increase, that number will triple! Mark my words, just like your electric bill will triple. With more evs comes more fires, less reliability, and higher electricity bills to Meet or exceed your gas bill.

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
I don't care about the environment and haven't made any claims about the environment. Ev's are superior at most transportation tasks for most people. Full stop.

Gas cars catch fire with no movement, with minor damage and with major accidents. There are simply more ways to start the fire with a gas engine. This isn't hard. You just don't want it to be true.

Screenshot_20220803-195329.png

I'll take silence as acknowledgement that another poster has discovered I'm right.

Do you mean me? If so THEN SAY SO! Don't play this sideways aggression with grownups.

Seriously! You JUST sunk your own battleship bro!
because we're rednecks that have old trucks
You've got to be kidding! You just quantified a specific car fire due to being old redneck transportation. Unbelievable how easy it is to prove that you are wrong in the direction you are spinning. You remind me of Adam Schiff.

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
If absolutely nothing else you should at least say that these vehicles are way too new to make the blanket statements that you have made. That is what a grown up would do.