Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

wilberforce15

Bye, Felicia.

It shouldn't have taken this long. Now I'm bored.

Whole house battery backup is a thing. I have it.
Generating power on site is a thing. I have that.

If they cut power to the city, I'd have to read about it because I wouldn't notice.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
@wilberforce15
1659631856327.png

vantexan

Bye, Felicia.

If they cut power to the city, I'd have to read about it because I wouldn't notice.
I wonder when the time comes and everything is shut down how long until the thugs come after those who still have working cars? Going to Mad Max your way out of there?

Non liberal

Bye, Felicia.

Lol, ok. Good luck. I’ll stick with my Toyota, thanks. We’ll revisit this in a million miles and see how your ev is holding up.

Non liberal

I wonder when the time comes and everything is shut down how long until the thugs come after those who still have working cars? Going to Mad Max your way out of there?
He thinks all this solar and wind stuff lasts forever, it doesn’t. This technology constantly has reliability problems.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
No, I can be cut off from the grid, from all maintenance parts, and anything else, and I can run fine for decades. I make all my own fuel on my own property, and I can do so without the grid.

Electric motors require basically no fluid and filter changes, and I only need tires to run for nearly forever.
Lol.. solar panels can be shut off from satellites....

Non liberal

Bye, Felicia.

So, I’m curious, what powers the whole house battery backup? Felicia. It’s really kind of simple, it’s not that hard, you don’t get power unless you burn fossil fuels. Solar, wind, their all bull:censored2:. They’re not enough to power a vehicle for whenever you needed it. Not to mention you use a ton of oil to lubricate those big ole windmills, and they are taking up huge swaths of land to bury the fan blades when they retire the units. Just face it, the most reliable source of energy comes from burning fossil fuels. Therefore making the combustion engine the most reliable engine on the market. It’s simple really, I mean we’ve only been building them for the last century. It’s what we’re best at.

wilberforce15

So, I’m curious, what powers the whole house battery backup? Felicia. It’s really kind of simple, it’s not that hard, you don’t get power unless you burn fossil fuels. Solar, wind, their all bull:censored2:. They’re not enough to power a vehicle for whenever you needed it. Not to mention you use a ton of oil to lubricate those big ole windmills, and they are taking up huge swaths of land to bury the fan blades when they retire the units. Just face it, the most reliable source of energy comes from burning fossil fuels. Therefore making the combustion engine the most reliable engine on the market. It’s simple really, I mean we’ve only been building them for the last century. It’s what we’re best at.
The whole house battery backup is powered by solar and a little wind. I am not a grid for others. I am a grid for myself. My wind power is small. I don't care if it becomes 50% effective after a decade or two. It still works.

Those things are BS for grid level work. They are highly effective for individual residences. It is perfectly reliable.

And whatever shortcoming you might find, anybody with a gas car and grid power is way worse off than I am.

You can cut me off from the grid and gas stations and maintenance for two decades, and I still have power and my car still works.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The right loves energy independence.

I have residential energy independence and the right hates it.
Nonsense. Conservatives have no problem with residential energy independence, it's just that it's not economical for most people without subsidies that are against conservative ideals.

No one in power likes decentralized energy independence. Democrats don't actually want you to have solar panels, they want massive solar farm boondoggles with centralized power production that they can control.

wilberforce15

Nonsense. Conservatives have no problem with residential energy independence, it's just that it's not economical for most people without subsidies that are against conservative ideals.

No one in power likes decentralized energy independence. Democrats don't actually want you to have solar panels, they want massive solar farm boondoggles with centralized power production that they can control.
All the alleged conservatives here are so butthurt by my panels, they are beyond desperate to try to show they don't work, don't last, or whatever.

They work. They last.

If they wanted to object to cost or lack of scale-ability, they are free to do so. They're right. This setup isn't scale-able or cheap. But these alleged conservatives reveal their massive blindness by just reflexively saying they don't work or won't last. Both are completely silly and only come from irrational triggering.

I haven't argued for subsidies or using them for grids or anything else, and you still have butthurt-numbnuts telling me that my energy independence isn't real.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
All the alleged conservatives here are so butthurt by my panels, they are beyond desperate to try to show they don't work, don't last, or whatever.

They work. They last.

If they wanted to object to cost or lack of scale-ability, they are free to do so. They're right. This setup isn't scale-able or cheap. But these alleged conservatives reveal their massive blindness by just reflexively saying they don't work or won't last. Both are completely silly and only come from irrational triggering.

I haven't argued for subsidies or using them for grids or anything else, and you still have butthurt-numbnuts telling me that my energy independence isn't real.
Cool story bro.