Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
It all comes down to what can I afford ?
Do I follow my morals and do what's best for the planet ?
Or do I do what is best for me ?

wilberforce15

Post a link from a disinterested third-party that is verifiable and we will believe you.

How about a direct competitor claiming to have roughly the same thing?

Everyone has it or will have it soon. This isn't hard.

Non liberal

Non liberal

Oil is still going to play a huge part in the economy. But it looks like it's inevitable that cars are going to be all electric at some point even if that's decades away.
No, combustion engine cars will be around as long as the automobile exists. The evs aren’t sustainable.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Methane is 20x worse than carbon dioxide for global warming. That’s not me sir, that is your precious “science” that says that. Right? It produces twice as much and is about to add 10% more as soon as China gets their coal plants built AND hardly anybody even has an electric car to charge yet! Get serious dude! It’s common sense from the get go, it’s a real shame it’s even had to come this far for you to still not understand your failed thinking that you borrowed from the delusional liberals who made it up in the first place. I really expected much more from you.
You truly are not up to speed with the way the world works. Carbon dioxide is so bad for us.
WRONG.....

Through a process called photosynthesis, leaves pull in carbon dioxide and water and use the energy of the sun to convert this into chemical compounds such as sugars that feed the tree. But as a by-product of that chemical reaction oxygen is produced and released by the tree.Jun 3, 2019

Non liberal

You truly are not up to speed with the way the world works. Carbon dioxide is so bad for us.
WRONG.....

Through a process called photosynthesis, leaves pull in carbon dioxide and water and use the energy of the sun to convert this into chemical compounds such as sugars that feed the tree. But as a by-product of that chemical reaction oxygen is produced and released by the tree.Jun 3, 2019
No, I agree with you about all of that. I had to come down to the level of the person that post was meant for. He said how the electric vehicles are such superior technology, I was trying to explain that there is more to global warming then carbon dioxide.

Non liberal

0 dollars to replace the battery on a new EV.
Good luck with your “superior” technology. The only thing driving this charade is the amount of money to be made. Won’t do a damn thing to stop climate change.

Attachments

• F6B9D95D-CED5-4390-8DF5-50E00245F242.png
    F6B9D95D-CED5-4390-8DF5-50E00245F242.png
    455 KB · Views: 25

Non liberal

Are you guys willing to accept any EVs of any type for certain situations? Or are they so bad and troubling that gas should be the only option?
If they can clean up the mining process that is involved with the production of the batteries and bring down the price, yes. I would buy a cheap one to run back and forth to work. I don’t think they could ever clean up the mining process without making it too expensive though. I’m not really an environmentalist however, I don’t believe in creating pollution when we don’t have to. That mining process really contaminates the water supply, which is going too far for me. The way I see it, if they dont fix the pollution, and I mean fix, not just improve, that leaves too much grey area for dishonest scientists and car manufacturers. If they don’t fix the air pollution issue then they’re not worth it, for the masses anyway. Unless more people want to buy them. I just think if everyone knew the truth, about how they are simply just trading one form of pollution for another, they won’t want them. It’s just creating a money making opprtunity by lying to the public telling them that they are greener. They’re not.

Last edited:

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
If they can clean up the mining process that is involved with the production of the batteries and bring down the price, yes. I would buy a cheap one to run back and forth to work. I don’t think they could ever clean up the mining process without making it too expensive though. I’m not really an environmentalist however, I don’t believe in creating pollution when we don’t have to. That mining process really contaminates the water supply, which is going too far for me. The way I see it, if they dont fix the pollution, and I mean fix, not just improve, that leaves too much grey area for dishonest scientists and car manufacturers. If they don’t fix the air pollution issue then they’re not worth it, for the masses anyway. Unless more people want to buy them. I just think if everyone knew the truth, about how they are simply just trading one form of pollution for another, they won’t want them. It’s just creating a money making opprtunity by lying to the public telling them that they are greener. They’re not.
Carbon dioxide is not bad for the environment. It helps plants and trees grow. Which in turn give us oxygen to breath.. Hell we are made of carbon.

The most important structural element, and the reason we are known as carbon-based life forms. About 12 per cent of your body's atoms are carbon. The hydrogen atoms in your body were formed in the Big Bang. All the others were made inside a star long ago and were flung into space by a supernova explosion.

vantexan

WRONG.....

Most of the oxygen released into the air actually comes from plant life in the oceans. On earth the single biggest emitter of oxygen is the Amazon, which is being destroyed at a pretty fast clip. There are things men are doing that do affect us. Wilber is right in that if we have zero emissions vehicles then the electric produced with fossil fuel to run them won't emit anywhere near as much as all the current ICE vehicles do. I do wonder if we're spitting in the wind though because it doesn't seem the rest of the world is attempting to do the same.