Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

Non liberal

Carbon dioxide is not bad for the environment. It helps plants and trees grow. Which in turn give us oxygen to breath.. Hell we are made of carbon.

The most important structural element, and the reason we are known as carbon-based life forms. About 12 per cent of your body's atoms are carbon. The hydrogen atoms in your body were formed in the Big Bang. All the others were made inside a star long ago and were flung into space by a supernova explosion.
Lol, nothing in the body was formed by the Big Bang, sorry. You had me up until that point.

newolddude

And what happens to the used car market and the poor who depend on affordable used vehicles?
5f0.jpg

Non liberal

Let em’ use the bus.
And that’s exactly why they’re doing it. They can’t get mass transit going any other way. They know the ev market doesn’t physically save the environment. It outprices the people who can’t afford them, and forces them to use mass transit. And people say what you just said, except that’s going to be all of us pretty soon. Meanwhile the car companies can make an absolute mint off of these things, so if people are willing to buy them because ooh that got an extra 50ft lbs of torque, and can get from here to nowhere 2 minutes faster, they’ll do it. Because they’re liberal sheep.

Last edited:

vantexan

Why would any outcome for them stop this from happening?
All I'm saying is a lot of people are going to be left out in the cold if the answer to not replacing the battery is buy another EV and essentially discarding the old one. But I do like what I'm reading about the new lithium iron phosphate batteries. That should bring prices way down.

Non liberal

I agree with that statement. All I am saying is that we are made up of carbon. And the very things that keep us breathing oxygen require carbon dioxide....
Well, I don’t know what we’re made of. But yeah, I can agree with the carbon thing. We’ve had much higher levels without an issue. Not so sure about methane and past levels of that.

Non liberal

It's a multimillion mile battery.

So replacement costs 0 because it doesn't happen.
Multi million mile or 16 YEARS. Guess you didn’t read the fine print, lol. Do you seriously think a rechargeable battery is going to last longer then a combustion engine? Yes it does, it has. Like I showed you before, there are literally people scrapping their evs instead of spending 20 grand to replace their battery as we speak. Don’t tell me it doesn’t happen, it happened to a friend of mine with his 10yr old Prius. That’s too much money to spend to risk that.

vantexan

Multi million mile or 16 YEARS. Guess you didn’t read the fine print, lol. Do you seriously think a rechargeable battery is going to last longer then a combustion engine? Yes it does, it has. Like I showed you before, there are literally people scrapping their evs instead of spending 20 grand to replace their battery as we speak. Don’t tell me it doesn’t happen, it happened to a friend of mine with his 10yr old Prius. That’s too much money to spend to risk that.
Doesn't cost $20k for a new Prius battery and there are refurbished ones that can be had for around $1000.

newolddude

And that’s exactly why they’re doing it. They can’t get mass transit going any other way. They know the ev market doesn’t physically save the environment. It outprices the people who can’t afford them, and forces them to use mass transit. And people say what you just said, except that’s going to be all of us pretty soon. Meanwhile the car companies can make an absolute mint off of these things, so if people are willing to buy them because ooh that got an extra 50ft lbs of torque, and can get from here to nowhere 2 minutes faster, they’ll do it. Because they’re liberal sheep.
The problem is mass transit is
1) useless in this country outside of big cities
2) a liberal love point/hated by conservatives

vantexan

20k for a teslas battery. The Prius was too expensive for him to replace after ten yrs. of use. He junked it.
A little bit of research could've saved him a lot of money. Beyond that the Prius is consistently one of the most reliable vehicles made. Worth the effort to keep.

Non liberal

A little bit of research could've saved him a lot of money. Beyond that the Prius is consistently one of the most reliable vehicles made. Worth the effort to keep.
No thanks, 1500 for a used battery pack, 3-8k for a new replacement. I’ll admit Toyotas are built to last. But again, not worth the risk or hassle when I can just buy a Corolla that will literally last for the rest of my life.

Attachments

• 87834817-6B9C-46FE-8A45-8779CB6A7637.png
    87834817-6B9C-46FE-8A45-8779CB6A7637.png
    475.2 KB · Views: 35

vantexan

No thanks, 1500 for a used battery pack, 3-8k for a new replacement. I’ll admit Toyotas are built to last. But again, not worth the risk or hassle when I can just buy a Corolla that will literally last for the rest of my life.
When I can get 58 mpg and sit in air conditioned comfort without idling continuously I'll take the Prius every time. Not to mention there are techniques that'll get it up over 70 mpg easily. And a base Prius costs $26k. And even if the battery goes out there's still the gas engine.