Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

wilberforce15

Multi million mile or 16 YEARS. Guess you didn’t read the fine print, lol. Do you seriously think a rechargeable battery is going to last longer then a combustion engine? Yes it does, it has. Like I showed you before, there are literally people scrapping their evs instead of spending 20 grand to replace their battery as we speak. Don’t tell me it doesn’t happen, it happened to a friend of mine with his 10yr old Prius. That’s too much money to spend to risk that.
Yes, and that's based off of a 10% drawdown in life.
It'll last 50 years if you're okay with a 20-30% drawdown.
It doesn't stop working. It just very, very slowly decreases in capacity.

Non liberal

When I can get 58 mpg and sit in air conditioned comfort without idling continuously I'll take the Prius every time. Not to mention there are techniques that'll get it up over 70 mpg easily. And a base Prius costs $26k. And even if the battery goes out there's still the gas engine.
Different strokes I guess. I’d still take the Corolla at 20k and 35mpg knowing it’s a lifetime vehicle. At least for me it’s a lifetime vehicle

Non liberal

Yes, and that's based off of a 10% drawdown in life.
It'll last 50 years if you're okay with a 20-30% drawdown.
It doesn't stop working. It just very, very slowly decreases in capacity.
Right…There is a huge difference in multi millions of miles and 16 years, sorry I don’t trust them.

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
It still remains that only 5% of the vehicles, on the road, are ev.
Typical Tesla run time is about 400 miles. THEN charging? So it's a cubby holed attraction IMO.

Non liberal

So....EV's are not subject to forces like heat, friction and gravity?

I'll believe your statement when you post an image from a real owner's manual.

curiously helping.
They are subject to all of those things as well as cold. Cold kills these batteries, makes them no different from comparable gas models when it comes to efficiency. Which half the country experiences why.. 8-9 months of cold weather?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
They are subject to all of those things as well as cold. Cold kills these batteries, makes them no different from comparable gas models when it comes to efficiency. Which half the country experiences why.. 8-9 months of cold weather?
The extreme heat in the desert isn’t good for batteries either.

wilberforce15

So....EV's are not subject to forces like heat, friction and gravity?

I'll believe your statement when you post an image from a real owner's manual.

curiously helping.
Look up the scheduled maintenance out to whatever mileage you want for any EV you want.
Tires. Wipers. Not much else.
It's now almost 2 years since I've seen a mechanic for any reason.

wilberforce15

Check this. Check that. Change the tires and wipers. That's basically it. For the life of the car.
How much maintenance have you done to keep your ceiling fan or box fan running?

That's how much maintenance a good EV takes. Basically none.

wilberforce15

Cold doesn't kill the batteries. Can we just all make things up now or something?

wilberforce15

Far from it. It’s a16 yr vehicle untill buying a new one is cheaper then fixing an old one. That is also dirtier then a combustion vehicle, which is its whole purpose of existence.
It doesn't need fixed at 16 years or at 50 years. The battery doesn't stop working.
That's the expected time frame where they expect the battery to have drawn down to a certain percentage of original capacity. That's totally different.

If it starts at 400 miles of range, it'll still have 250 miles of range long after you're dead, with no maintenance. No need for replacement.