Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

wilberforce15

That’s to cover the 7500 rebate
Ford likely isn't eligible, because they signed deals with CATL (chinese) for batteries and the Mach-E is assembled in Mexico. There just isn't any evidence that a single Ford EV qualifies for the credits. Ford is basically not an American company any more.

Ford just sucks at making them and will even lose money on each model with this price hike.

Non liberal

Ford likely isn't eligible, because they signed deals with CATL (chinese) for batteries and the Mach-E is assembled in Mexico. There just isn't any evidence that a single Ford EV qualifies for the credits. Ford is basically not an American company any more.

Ford just sucks at making them and will even lose money on each model with this price hike.
It doesn’t really matter, it just proves that these vehicles are a joke and aren’t affordable to the average person. Just cost too much all around.

Non liberal

It didn’t say they didn’t qualify either. In fact no specific companies or models were mentioned. All the better anyhow, that’s way too much money without the price hike for a vehicle that will be in the junk yard 10-15 yrs from now.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
It didn’t say they didn’t qualify either. In fact no specific companies or models were mentioned. All the better anyhow, that’s way too much money without the price hike for a vehicle that will be in the junk yard 10-15 yrs from now.
But Wilma likes them.

vantexan

I could have bought 2 brand new GMC pickups back in 1978 for what Ford raised their cost of a new Lightning. My first new vehicle in my life was a 1978 GMC half ton. $3,995
Just ran that on the U.S. Inflation Calculator. That's $18,153 in today's dollars. Can't buy a new pickup for that these days.

rickyb

Screenshot_20220818-102529_Firefox.jpg

Non liberal

No Richard, what you liberals fail to understand is the people telling you climate change exists are funded or paid to say it by the people who are subsidizing the ev industry. Therefore you have to ask yourself why? The reason is climate change isn’t affected by humans, they are only using it to make money selling wind, solar, evs, etc, etc. it’s the same people! Wake up! It doesn’t exist!