Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

Non liberal

There are likely some African immigrants in Santiago just as there are in Buenos Aires. A fraction of the population. Why do you insist on doubling down on this?
Because I literally just read an article about child labor in Chile mining for lithium. I just don’t like it when folks tell me I’m wrong when they have no freaking clue what they are talking about or are able themselves to tell me why I’m wrong. Chile has a population of around 100k Haitians living there. Maybe they are Haitians in chile? Which if you are a citizen of chile, then you are a chilean?I was simply justifying the picture, it really isn’t a big deal untill someone tells me I’m wrong without any evidence. He is the one doubling down on it, not me.

wilberforce15

Why? They have quite a population of black folk living there. Why isn’t it?
You have to be faking. This level of ignorance isn't rational.
Those are african kids getting cobalt, probably in Uganda or Congo. That's why I mentioned Uganda.

You can't get lithium with kids and buckets. Slaves don't help you get lithium.

I went ahead and defended the companies that buy this stuff, because everything I said about child labor and tinpot dictators is true. This is how your cell phone is made.

But none of that has to do with lithium, which has nothing to do with kids or Africa or slaves or anything.

You just have no idea how anything works.

Last edited:

Non liberal

You have to be faking. This level of ignorance isn't rational.
Those are african kids getting cobalt, probably in Uganda or Congo. That's why I mentioned Uganda.

You can't get lithium with kids and buckets. Slaves don't help you get lithium.

I went ahead and defended the companies that buy this stuff, because everything I said about child labor and tinpot dictators is true. This is how your cell phone is made.

But none of that has to do with lithium, which has nothing to do with kids or Africa or slaves or anything.

You just have no idea how anything works.
Well, I do , because I read it

vantexan

Why? They have quite a population of black folk living there. Why isn’t it?
The Haitians population has exploded in the last ten years but there's simply no way that picture is of Haitian children working in a lithium mine. Know why? The lithium deposits in Chile are in the North in the Atacama desert. It's the driest desert on Earth. Parts of it has gone centuries with no measurable rainfall. There is no river flowing through. And yes I knew that as I've done a lot of research on South America. Although the Haitian population increasing by over 100,000 in 10 years was news. Lithium is removed from salt flats with shallow ponds.

Non liberal

The Haitians population has exploded in the last ten years but there's simply no way that picture is of Haitian children working in a lithium mine. Know why? The lithium deposits in Chile are in the North in the Atacama desert. It's the driest desert on Earth. Parts of it has gone centuries with no measurable rainfall. There is no river flowing through. And yes I knew that as I've done a lot of research on South America. Although the Haitian population increasing by over 100,000 in 10 years was news. Lithium is removed from salt flats with shallow ponds.
Ok, well who says it’s a river? I just didn’t care enough to fact check the picture. Sorry about that you guys obviously did.

wilberforce15

Ok, well who says it’s a river? I just didn’t care enough to fact check the picture. Sorry about that you guys obviously did.
No fact check required. I feel like my patience should be applauded. If you have read anything, the fact check is provided in a quarter second by your eyeballs.

Everyone here has an understanding of EV's roughly equivalent to confusing Congolese cobalt mining by kids with Chilean lithium mining.

Non liberal

No fact check required. I feel like my patience should be applauded. If you have read anything, the fact check is provided in a quarter second by your eyeballs.

Everyone here has an understanding of EV's roughly equivalent to confusing Congolese cobalt mining by kids with Chilean lithium mining
Mmm, no, that’s just you distracting from the original topic being discussed about how child labor is being used to produce the battery packs

Babagounj

Strength through joy
When is an EV Tax Credit not a real tax credit ?

“The $7,500 credit might exist on paper, but no vehicles will qualify for this purchase incentive over the next few years,” Alliance for Automotive Innovation , which represents GM, Toyota and Volkswagen, CEO John Bozzella said.
Bozzella said 70% of current EV models sold in the U.S. would be immediately ineligible, increasing to 100% as the requirements become more strict.

wilberforce15

Mmm, no, that’s just you distracting from the original topic being discussed about how child labor is being used to produce the battery packs
You are employing the pictured child labor in your cell phone. It's a stupid topic, because you do the same thing I do.

I just know that it's okay.
You have no understanding of how or why those children are there, and you have no understanding of what outcome your actions create.

Mainly because you don't even know what continent those kids are on.