Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

wilberforce15

My concern is boneheaded politicians will eliminate vehicles capable of doing the tasks needed like heavy towing in their zeal to please environmental extremists. California mandating all new vehicles be EV's by 2035 when clearly they can't even handle a much smaller strain on their grid now makes me wonder just how badly things will get screwed up.
So can we agree that the average driver in America could switch to an ev, and never need a public charger? That the average driver could get by on a 110 volt basic outlet and extension cord? And use a public charger a few times a year at most?

I'm repeating my question because you didn't answer it. I've been asking that for hundreds of pages now, and this is the first time any of you all have seen a fact clearly.

vantexan

So can we agree that the average driver in America could switch to an ev, and never need a public charger? That the average driver could get by on a 110 volt basic outlet and extension cord? And use a public charger a few times a year at most?

I'm repeating my question because you didn't answer it. I've been asking that for hundreds of pages now, and this is the first time any of you all have seen a fact clearly.
Why should I answer you when you won't address the 500 lb gorilla in the room? You talk of Tesla like they have special powers but they can't get around the coming roadblock of availability of the metals needed to make them in mass numbers. Neither they or any other EV maker. Yes, for daily commutes and errands no one needs a vehicle with more range than what a Tesla can deliver. For most people one charge a week should meet their needs. But the world is getting turned upside down to put us in vehicles that ultimately will bankrupt our natural resources. And politicians have in all likelihood been informed that eventually we'll run out of the metals needed and they're doubling down rather than admit they made a mistake. The resource debacle likely won't happen for a decade or two so let the leaders down the road figure it out. New technology will probably solve it anyways.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Why should I answer you when you won't address the 500 lb gorilla in the room? You talk of Tesla like they have special powers but they can't get around the coming roadblock of availability of the metals needed to make them in mass numbers. Neither they or any other EV maker. Yes, for daily commutes and errands no one needs a vehicle with more range than what a Tesla can deliver. For most people one charge a week should meet their needs. But the world is getting turned upside down to put us in vehicles that ultimately will bankrupt our natural resources. And politicians have in all likelihood been informed that eventually we'll run out of the metals needed and they're doubling down rather than admit they made a mistake. The resource debacle likely won't happen for a decade or two so let the leaders down the road figure it out. New technology will probably solve it anyways.
He’s a fool

wilberforce15

He’s a fool
So are you finally willing to do what he did, and admit that electric vehicles meet the needs of the average driver quite easily with almost no charging infrastructure?

I will go back to ignoring him, because I've answered his most recent concern at least half a dozen times already. We've talked about the metals and the grid ad nauseam it's really quite tiresome. I engaged this time because it was the first time that a fact of any kind appeared to make a dent in any of your heads. I had to celebrate that.

If you want me to address his most recent concern, all you need to do is scroll back to previous pages.

vantexan

So are you finally willing to do what he did, and admit that electric vehicles meet the needs of the average driver quite easily with almost no charging infrastructure?

I will go back to ignoring him, because I've answered his most recent concern at least half a dozen times already. We've talked about the metals and the grid ad nauseam it's really quite tiresome. I engaged this time because it was the first time that a fact of any kind appeared to make a dent in any of your heads. I had to celebrate that.

If you want me to address his most recent concern, all you need to do is scroll back to previous pages.
You haven't solved the metal issue at all. You put me on ignore because it's an inconvenient truth that you avoid while touting the superiority of Tesla. All that market capitalization will come crashing down when investors realize Tesla can't deliver the big profits they're expecting.

wilberforce15

How does a PT preload employee afford a Tesla ?

20 yrs seniority.. and 8 kids.. ?
Our preload is full of part-timers who own their own businesses, such as landscapers that employ a lot of people or HVAC company owners or carpenters or home builders.

The benefits here are crazy and for self-employed people, it's a tremendous deal even if they have plenty of money. I have a somewhat out of the ordinary day job, but lots of people work preload and make plenty of money.

wilberforce15

You haven't solved the metal issue at all. You put me on ignore because it's an inconvenient truth that you avoid while touting the superiority of Tesla. All that market capitalization will come crashing down when investors realize Tesla can't deliver the big profits they're expecting.
So go ahead and make your millions by shorting it. I made mine on the way up. You go ahead and make yours on the way down. If you'd like the solution to the metals problem, scroll back.

wilberforce15

Pretty hard to make money shorting it without very deep pockets.
Let me introduce you to Out of the Money Put Options.

You can probably put a thousand or two into it for a 3 year expiration, and if it hits, could easily go 100 or 500 to 1.

But your max loss would be that thousand.

vantexan

Let me introduce you to Out of the Money Put Options.

You can probably put a thousand or two into it for a 3 year expiration, and if it hits, could easily go 100 or 500 to 1.

But your max loss would be that thousand.
And if it doesn't I'm out a thousand. But definitely worth considering down the road.

wilberforce15

And if it doesn't I'm out a thousand. But definitely worth considering down the road.
Yes, a locked in downside and infinite upside on a high probability bet where you think you know something the market doesn't.

That's the definition of a life changing bet. That's how it's done. Acceptable max loss locked in. Then possible major winning.

vantexan

Yes, a locked in downside and infinite upside on a high probability bet where you think you know something the market doesn't.

That's the definition of a life changing bet. That's how it's done. Acceptable max loss locked in. Then possible major winning.
I've traded futures and am well aware of the risks and rewards of leverage. I'm also in hock up to my eyeballs after a heart attack. Have bigger fish to fry.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
And all of them had open spots and could charge plenty. So they weren't full. There was no line.

You might not be a liar. You might just be dumber than expected.
Your statements on how you can go to any supercharger and charge at 420v is another lie. Most were running at 150v. So you'd be there for awhile. Smh at the stupidity. Again something you would know if you actually owned an ev..