Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
So this is the third time you've admitted this particular point on heating, and come back to argue it again. And then change the subject to metals when you're proven wrong.

Is this groundhog day?
I already showed you a video that proves that a Tesla going full boar on the heater only last around 5 hours. Quit with your lying, or completely unsupported opinions you give.

wilberforce15

I already showed you a video that proves that a Tesla going full boar on the heater only last around 5 hours. Quit with your lying, or completely unsupported opinions you give.
Yes, and a Tesla doesn't need its heater to go on full board maintain temperature. It's not about how long you can have full blast, unless you're a maroon.

It's about how long it will keep you at a constant, comfortable temperature. Everybody else measured smart things, and you measured a dumb thing.

The Tesla will maintain a constant comfortable temperature longer than the equivalent gas car. The fact that it doesn't need its heater on full blast is a compliment not an insult

wilberforce15

Really getting under your skin about the metals issue, huh?
The metals needed per car will decrease over time. It will decrease in exponential fashion. I know you don't know what an exponent is, but you can look it up while you're checking Moore's law.

Now, this is a fractional exponent, so I know it's too much to ask. But Mr.Innumeracy could use a review

Ou812fu

Yes, and a Tesla doesn't need its heater to go on full board maintain temperature. It's not about how long you can have full blast, unless you're a maroon.

It's about how long it will keep you at a constant, comfortable temperature. Everybody else measured smart things, and you measured a dumb thing.

The Tesla will maintain a constant comfortable temperature longer than the equivalent gas car. The fact that it doesn't need its heater on full blast is a compliment not an insult
Yes it does when it is in sub 0 weather.you do realize car windows are not good insulators? Wait you wouldn't know that. Because you haven't experienced a vehicle with 90% of the body above the doors being windows..

wilberforce15

This is 1998, when Fake Texan is telling me movies will never be streamed, because nobody has the bandwidth or ever could have enough bandwidth for it.

What's amazing is that people invent things when there's a lot of money to be made.

Ou812fu

The metals needed per car will decrease over time. It will decrease in exponential fashion. I know you don't know what an exponent is, but you can look it up while you're checking Moore's law.

Now, this is a fractional exponent, so I know it's too much to ask. But Mr.Innumeracy could use a review
Lol, you have to be one of the most mentally handicapped people I've run into. Referring to the use of ev's. Should I start reposting all of your lies again?

wilberforce15

Yes it does when it is in sub 0 weather.you do realize car windows are not good insulators? Wait you would know that. Because you havent experienced a vehicle with 90% of the body above the doors being windows..
This test has literally been done dozens of times.

Only one person on YouTube was dumb enough to put the heater on full blast. And he got an artificially low number.

Everybody else just told the Tesla to keep a constant temperature, and waited for the battery to run out. That takes days not hours, in any level of cold you care to test.

vantexan

You're the only.person out there saying that. I've been seeing mining company officials say for over a year now that we're going to come.up way short. Silver for example can't be replaced in its properties to operate sophisticated electronics. There's nothing out there that can replace it and EV's use a lot more than ICE cars.

wilberforce15

You're the only.person out there saying that. I've been seeing mining company officials say for over a year now that we're going to come.up way short. Silver for example can't be replaced in its properties to operate sophisticated electronics. There's nothing out there that can replace it and EV's use a lot more than ICE cars.
Did you know that mining companies don't make or develop EVs?

floridays

Glad you asked, here's another review, take notice @vantexan
You gonna keep beating him over the head with a book you obviously didn't read, where's your review?

"On page 94, Paulos bemoans the fact that people attribute combination to causation: "...when people reason that if X cures Y, then lack of X must cause Y."

But just a few pages later, on 108, he states: "In short, there is an obvious connection between innumeracy and the poor mathematical education received by so many people. [...] Still, it's not the whole story, since there are many quite numerate people who have had little formal schooling."

For those who are only as bright (or dim) as Paulos, he's skipping a step here - he's comparing students with a bad education to students with no education, which doesn't follow even his own logical rules he's set forth. He is trying to segue into other reasons for innumeracy, but fumbles, because to make the strongest logical statement, he should have said, "Still, it's not the whole story, since there are many quite numerate people who have had such poor mathematical education."

I'm a linguist, not a mathematician, but there is a need for good logic in both fields. I believe I'm not being nit-picky to say that his poor control over logic is a deterrent to finishing his book about the poor state of logic in America. Or maybe, it just proves his point even more strongly...

So, I'm on page 108 of 180, and I refuse to read any further. Additionally, I will never pick up any book by Paulos again, nor will I read anything he recommends." (less)

Ou812fu

This test has literally been done dozens of times.

Only one person on YouTube was dumb enough to put the heater on full blast. And he got an artificially low number.

Everybody else just told the Tesla to keep a constant temperature, and waited for the battery to run out. That takes days not hours, in any level of cold you care to test.
Let me guess the test you were talking about was on an 85 degree day and the car was set in the 75 degree range..

wilberforce15

Glad you asked, here's another review, take notice @vantexan
You gonna keep beating him over the head with a book you obviously didn't read, where's your review?

"On page 94, Paulos bemoans the fact that people attribute combination to causation: "...when people reason that if X cures Y, then lack of X must cause Y."

But just a few pages later, on 108, he states: "In short, there is an obvious connection between innumeracy and the poor mathematical education received by so many people. [...] Still, it's not the whole story, since there are many quite numerate people who have had little formal schooling."

For those who are only as bright (or dim) as Paulos, he's skipping a step here - he's comparing students with a bad education to students with no education, which doesn't follow even his own logical rules he's set forth. He is trying to segue into other reasons for innumeracy, but fumbles, because to make the strongest logical statement, he should have said, "Still, it's not the whole story, since there are many quite numerate people who have had such poor mathematical education."

I'm a linguist, not a mathematician, but there is a need for good logic in both fields. I believe I'm not being nit-picky to say that his poor control over logic is a deterrent to finishing his book about the poor state of logic in America. Or maybe, it just proves his point even more strongly...

So, I'm on page 108 of 180, and I refuse to read any further. Additionally, I will never pick up any book by Paulos again, nor will I read anything he recommends." (less)
Are you under the impression that copy and paste is some sort of skill?

wilberforce15

Let me guess the test you were talking about was on an 85 degree day and the car was set in the 75 degree range..
No, below zero and keeping the Tesla interior at 70°. It will be measured in days not hours. This is been done dozens of times. And you don't need the heater on full blast.

vantexan

This is 1998, when Fake Texan is telling me movies will never be streamed, because nobody has the bandwidth or ever could have enough bandwidth for it.

What's amazing is that people invent things when there's a lot of money to be made.
I've already said EV makers will have to innovate their way past the metals issue. You've already said the Tesla is the best car ever so doubtful they'll be doing much innovating. Because if Wilber says it's so then.......