Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
The cybertruck will not replace any diesels for towing. I know this. You know this.

They will also sell every single one they make, in perpetuity. Because they don't need to capture that small, niche market of millions of diesels.

It is SMALL.
Won't replace any unleaded trucks for towing either..lol.....

Ou812fu

Note that you are not quoting me, but rather attempting to summarize me without quotes.
I said it can last just less than a gas car, roughly equal to, or in real situations sometimes more. I said all three, but the idea was rough equivalence and that it was a stupid question.
Those are all correct, and my article showed exactly that.
Most EV's leave home with a higher percentage charge than the gas car has in the tank. That affects real world results. If both are full, the EV falls a little short of most, and is responsible for 0 deaths because it's a dumb question.

Do you follow?
Again, if you owned one. You'd understand that people don't charge their ev's almost everyday. People from the ev community understand the more you charge your car at 100
%. The more the battery will degrade..

wilberforce15

That’s why Ford is keeping the super duty trucks gas ⛽️ only, because EV’s are weak, like Wilmadouche
I've said it more often than you that the Cybertruck can't, won't, and isn't intended to replace long diesel towing machines.

You guys continue to argue against a figment of your imaginations, by the sheer amount of triggering you have.

wilberforce15

Again, if you owned one. You'd understand that people don't charge their ev's almost everyday. People from the ev community understand the more you charge your car at 100
%. The more the battery will degrade..
People do charge every day, but I didn't say they charge to 100%.

Go back to your kids shows, zoboomafu.

The average EV leaves home with a greater charge percentage than you have a fuel percentage. That is the entire point, and it is true.

Ou812fu

vantexan

I've said it more often than you that the Cybertruck can't, won't, and isn't intended to replace long diesel towing machines.

You guys continue to argue against a figment of your imaginations, by the sheer amount of triggering you have.
You've also said that a fraction of a percent actually do long haul towing. Totally untrue.

wilberforce15

You've also said that a fraction of a percent actually do long haul towing. Totally untrue.
Yes, a fraction of a percent of private vehicle owners, meaning the ones who buy personal vehicles, do long heavy towing. And it is just plain fact. Get over it.

There are 300 million cars. The number of people who ever tow more than a few hundred miles in a day and more than a few thousand pounds, is a fraction of a percent.

vantexan

Yes, a fraction of a percent of private vehicle owners, meaning the ones who buy personal vehicles, do long heavy towing. And it is just plain fact. Get over it.

There are 300 million cars. The number of people who ever tow more than a few hundred miles in a day and more than a few thousand pounds, is a fraction of a percent.
Not so. More likely at least 10%. And more often than you think.

vantexan

Absolutely delusional.

Beyond numerical incompetence and into la-la-land.
You're obviously an urbanite. And one of those fellows who looks around him, doesn't see it, and proclaims that his point of view is the norm. Get out into small town America and see all the big pickups and SUV's with heavy duty hitches. If you aren't obtuse you'll soon realize you were wrong about only a fraction EVER tow a few hundred miles. Of course your ego won't allow you to admit you're wrong out loud.

wilberforce15

You're obviously an urbanite. And one of those fellows who looks around him, doesn't see it, and proclaims that his point of view is the norm. Get out into small town America and see all the big pickups and SUV's with heavy duty hitches. If you aren't obtuse you'll soon realize you were wrong about only a fraction EVER tow a few hundred miles. Of course your ego won't allow you to admit you're wrong out loud.
No, I'm from the sticks. I have picked tobacco by hand, and I drove commercial trucks at 15. And nobody I know hauls long. We have lots of people who will haul a heavy boat a hundred miles or two, or take their horses to the State Fair, and do lots of real work, but long haul towing of a heavy load for more than a day's journey, that's really rare. You are smaller than you think you are. I have given you the data. You're just dumb.

The vast majority of people with trailer hitches have never once used them.

vantexan

No, I'm from the sticks. I have picked tobacco by hand, and I drove commercial trucks at 15. And nobody I know hauls long. We have lots of people who will haul a heavy boat a hundred miles or two, or take their horses to the State Fair, and do lots of real work, but long haul towing of a heavy load for more than a day's journey, that's really rare. You are smaller than you think you are. I have given you the data. You're just dumb.

The vast majority of people with trailer hitches have never once used them.
Baloney. Yah, all those big trucks and SUV's are just for show.