Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

wilberforce15

Of course not, you’ll go 100 miles down the road towing a camper and have to stop to recharge. That is the most ridiculous idea yet, that you could ever tow with an electric anything any kind of distance.
A fraction of a percent of the population ever tows a camper, so nobody cares what that fraction thinks or wants.

wilberforce15

First off you said a fraction of a percent of the population does long haul towing. If you're going to use murky English then you have to include farmers and contractors because the whole argument is whether your Cybertruck will perform well enough to meet the needs of those who buy pickups for that reason. Secondly you said most RV's are towed very little. I lived 12 years in a 26' travel trailer in a lot of RV parks. Hundreds of thousands of trailers are towed down from the northern U.S. and from Canada every winter to the Sun Belt. And then back. That doesn't include all the owners who take vacations and weekends with their trailers. Then you have farmers hauling hay and livestock. Contractors towing heavy trailers. Race car teams towing from one track to another. Hot shot pickup drivers delivering loads. RV delivery drivers, tens of thousands, delivering trailers to dealers. The list is endless. The Cyber truck isn't going to cut it for a lot of that. Fanboy.
Here is your math-illiteracy again. Repeat after me.

Hundreds of thousands is a fraction of a percent.
Hundreds of thousands of campers is irrelevant. It makes no difference in the car market, and the future-largest automaker in the world has no need to pacify them.

They don't matter.
They are hundreds of thousands.

And that is fractions of a percent.

How can you not do basic math?

wilberforce15

There are 40 million trucks. There are 300 million vehicles.
NOBODY needs to care about you towing your RV to become the biggest automaker in the world.

You are irrelevant. Or, at the every least, you are not necessary .
Long-haul towing by individuals is very rare. You gave your own number. YOU gave the number.

YOUR number is small. You said hundreds of thousands. That's tiny.

If you said millions, it would be small.

Welcome to math.

Non liberal

Most cars do not have more than 15 gallons, and most cars leave home with less than 80%. Your car included.
In waht possible world is keeping you warm for 1.5-2 days to be considered a liability?

You are worried about a thing that kills 0 Americans per year. That means you are stupid.
I’m just pointing out the superior vehicle bern.

wilberforce15

I’m just pointing out the superior vehicle bern.
The superior vehicle does the things that matter better. And the Tesla does just about everything functional for most real users better. That's why they sell all that they can produce, at any price, and always will.
It is not superior to try to win a game that doesn't matter.

It keeps you warm plenty long enough to be comfortable and get home in just about all situations, and is responsible for 0 deaths in its supposed shortcoming of 7 hours. And I said, from the beginning, it was equal to or just below, or just above the average gas car in a whiteout. I listed all of those, and that is correct. You are tilting at windmills, Mr. Quixote.

Anyone with half a brain laughs at that.

Non liberal

I didn't realize I was talking to a poor.
That is the cheap end of their offerings, and the cheap end of the luxury spectrum.

That's who gets cool stuff first. I'm sorry you're not included.
Luxury? They all look the same. I have a 50k truck, but that’s actually worth 50k. It’s not some little wiener mobile that it’s only use is to get u back and forth to work.

Non liberal

The superior vehicle does the things that matter better. And the Tesla does just about everything functional for most real users better. That's why they sell all that they can produce, at any price, and always will.
It is not superior to try to win a game that doesn't matter.

It keeps you warm plenty long enough to be comfortable and get home in just about all situations, and is responsible for 0 deaths in its supposed shortcoming of 7 hours. And I said, from the beginning, it was equal to or just below, or just above the average gas car in a whiteout. I listed all of those, and that is correct. You are tilting at windmills, Mr. Quixote.

Anyone with half a brain laughs at that.
Nope, I said the Tesla could not even outlast a 15 gallon gas car, YOU said car and driver would disagree and that I was fake news. And then proceeded to post and article that proved my point😂 they are not going to be the largest automaker in the world unless they start producing hybrids or ice engines.

wilberforce15

Nope, I said the Tesla could not even outlast a 15 gallon gas car, YOU said car and driver would disagree and that I was fake news. And then proceeded to post and article that proved my point😂 they are not going to be the largest automaker in the world unless they start producing hybrids or ice engines.
Note that you are not quoting me, but rather attempting to summarize me without quotes.
I said it can last just less than a gas car, roughly equal to, or in real situations sometimes more. I said all three, but the idea was rough equivalence and that it was a stupid question.
Those are all correct, and my article showed exactly that.
Most EV's leave home with a higher percentage charge than the gas car has in the tank. That affects real world results. If both are full, the EV falls a little short of most, and is responsible for 0 deaths because it's a dumb question.

Do you follow?

wilberforce15

You only have to wait 6 years.
They need 3 more factories to be the largest automaker in the world.
They've moved down in price point with each model.

They have a longer line when they make 1.5 million cars than when they made 150k.

Demand outstrips supply at every level, because the cars are superior.

When they outsell VW and put GM out of business, I'm sure you'll still be talking about how they can't tow.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I need a new vehicle.
And not electric.
Maybe a hybrid.
Must have AWD
Toyota Highlander or 4Runner, maybe a Subaru Forseter ( low cost alternative )
It has been rumored that the 4Runner might have a hybrid in 2024, but my 20+ vehicle is having a rust issue and may not last that long.
Any suggestions ?

Non liberal

You only have to wait 6 years.
They need 3 more factories to be the largest automaker in the world.
They've moved down in price point with each model.

They have a longer line when they make 1.5 million cars than when they made 150k.

Demand outstrips supply at every level, because the cars are superior.

When they outsell VW and put GM out of business, I'm sure you'll still be talking about how they can't tow.
Lol, they’re not putting any of the big three out of business. They don’t even go out of business when they go bankrupt and should go out of business.

vantexan

Here is your math-illiteracy again. Repeat after me.

Hundreds of thousands is a fraction of a percent.
Hundreds of thousands of campers is irrelevant. It makes no difference in the car market, and the future-largest automaker in the world has no need to pacify them.

They don't matter.
They are hundreds of thousands.

And that is fractions of a percent.

How can you not do basic math?
Again, they aren't hundreds of thousands. They are in the millions. Your Cybertruck clearly won't replace diesel pickups in towing because of its limitations. Obfuscate all you want but your cyberbaby isn't being made, but they are. 'Nuff said.

vantexan

I need a new vehicle.
And not electric.
Maybe a hybrid.
Must have AWD
It has been rumored that the 4Runner might have a hybrid in 2024, but my 20+ vehicle is having a rust issue and may not last that long.
Any suggestions ?
The Toyota RAV4 hybrid gets great reviews but not as big a vehicle.

vantexan

He told you this in 2006. The plan is going forward as planned. You already know all the next steps. But he's like Larry Bird telling his opponents the play before he does it.

Even if they know it, they can't stop him.

• Build sports car
  • Use that money to build an affordable car
  • Use that money to build an even more affordable car
Except due to a lack of mined materials EV prices are going up. EV manufacturers are going to highly depend on recycled batteries in the future for eventually up to 50% of their supply of needed minerals. And that won't happen until there are millions of used up EV's. Until then prices will continue to rise and even then recycling the very heavy batteries is an expensive process. Transport costs by truck alone will account for 40% of the recycling process. $48k for the cheapest Tesla? Not for long. Going up, not down.*

*Google search.

Non liberal

I need a new vehicle.
And not electric.
Maybe a hybrid.
Must have AWD
Any suggestions ?
Forester,4Runner, or rav4. 4Runner is bulletproof, that’s basically been the same vehicle made the same way since it’s conception. Forester is good vehicle, I have an outback but wish I had gotten the forester just because the outback has the cvt transmission. Stay away from the cvt transmission if you can, I think the highlander has that tranny as well. Have a friend on his 2nd rav4 and he absolutely loves them. Me personally, I’d take the 4Runner. It’ll last you many problem free years.

wilberforce15

Again, they aren't hundreds of thousands. They are in the millions. Your Cybertruck clearly won't replace diesel pickups in towing because of its limitations. Obfuscate all you want but your cyberbaby isn't being made, but they are. 'Nuff said.
The cybertruck will not replace any diesels for towing. I know this. You know this.

They will also sell every single one they make, in perpetuity. Because they don't need to capture that small, niche market of millions of diesels.

It is SMALL.

wilberforce15

Except due to a lack of mined materials EV prices are going up. EV manufacturers are going to highly depend on recycled batteries in the future for eventually up to 50% of their supply of needed minerals. And that won't happen until there are millions of used up EV's. Until then prices will continue to rise and even then recycling the very heavy batteries is an expensive process. Transport costs by truck alone will account for 40% of the recycling process. $48k for the cheapest Tesla? Not for long. Going up, not down.*

*Google search.
In six years....

Fake Texan: "Tesla won't last long as the largest car maker. They can't make 15 million cars next year. They'll run out of materials! Too expensive!"

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Most cars do not have more than 15 gallons, and most cars leave home with less than 80%. Your car included.
In waht possible world is keeping you warm for 1.5-2 days to be considered a liability?

You are worried about a thing that kills 0 Americans per year. That means you are stupid.
Screenshot_20220920-082922.png
Screenshot_20220920-082940.png
Screenshot_20220920-082945.png