Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

Non liberal

I know you're not making it up about snow. I never said you were making it up about snow. You brought up snow with no context whatsoever. I understand you want to skip to the hardest problem to solve, because that's about all there is left. But it's really rather pathetic. The computer is already better than you at most things.
But it can’t do all that I can. I started with the hardest and then went from there. It also can’t drive in heavily congested areas, which Congestion certainly isn’t going to get any better. Which kind of doesn’t say too much for their future. They can’t account for objects that suddenly come on the roadway; like a child chasing a ball. There are a lot of reasons why they can’t drive at the moment. It’s pretty much like this, AI can only drive in fair weather conditions, in a desolate area, with a humans hands 2 in from the steering wheel. Hardly safer then humans.

wilberforce15

But it can’t do all that I can. I started with the hardest and then went from there. It also can’t drive in heavily congested areas, which Congestion certainly isn’t going to get any better. Which kind of doesn’t say too much for their future. They can’t account for objects that suddenly come on the roadway; like a child chasing a ball. There are a lot of reasons why they can’t drive at the moment. It’s pretty much like this, AI can only drive in fair weather conditions, in a desolate area, with a humans hands 2 in from the steering wheel. Hardly safer then humans.
Are you kidding? It's already safer than a human at all those.

wilberforce15

I live right on a very busy street. If one of my young children becomes a maroon all of a sudden, and chases a ball into the street, I will pray to God that it is a Tesla on autopilot and not a human being coming down the road.

Non liberal

Are you kidding? It's already safer than a human at all those.
Not even close. The data is skewed, results are made up. Liberals control most of the data you read, I’d say all data referring to electric cars because that’s a big part of the current narrative. And actually all the things I mentioned are well known fact so..

wilberforce15

Not even close. The data is skewed, results are made up. Liberals control most of the data you read, I’d say all data referring to electric cars because that’s a big part of the current narrative. And actually all the things I mentioned are well known fact so..
Ithe crash statistics are drawn from insurance and police reports, so it sounds like you're alleging massive fraud. And secondly, you forget that many of us have actually driven these things quite a bit. I've been in a Tesla that brakes for what it thought was a small child. Faster at doing so, and more cautious than you are. And it is never on its phone and it is never drunk. If I could choose what vehicle my kid runs in front of, it would be a Tesla on autopilot.

wilberforce15

you keep saying that stuff is impossible, and I can post hundreds of videos all day long showing that it is currently being done.

There are videos of Tesla's independently navigating most major metros in the United states, and most of them only have a few human interventions. And this is used to further train the ai. It's going to happen. We just need to get used to that and get over your fake news.

Non liberal

Ithe crash statistics are drawn from insurance and police reports, so it sounds like you're alleging massive fraud. And secondly, you forget that many of us have actually driven these things quite a bit. I've been in a Tesla that brakes for what it thought was a small child. Faster at doing so, and more cautious than you are. And it is never on its phone and it is never drunk. If I could choose what vehicle my kid runs in front of, it would be a Tesla on autopilot.
They don’t actually lie I guess, they just put the results out there and let you draw your own conclusions without giving you all the information. And my tundra will brake if something jumps out in front of it… sometimes.

Last edited:

wilberforce15

They don’t actually lie I guess, they just put the results out there and let you draw your own conclusions without giving you all the information. And my tundra will brake if something jumps out in front of it… sometimes.
Your Tundra is a caveman next to Einstein. I'm sorry but the gap is that big. The technology isn't even close to the same.

wilberforce15

A Tesla can differentiate between a baseball or volleyball and a basketball, and it knows which situations are more likely to have a person follow after the ball. It will account for whether it's late at night or early in the morning, on the highway and a neighborhood.

It can identify a child on the curb behind a car, notice that it has lost sight of the child, and expect a child to run out into the road.

I just don't think you understand the level of technology we are talking about.

Last edited:
its not saving the environment Electricity isn't made by magic instead coal is burned to create electricity which pollutes the air. The more cars are sold and used the more coal burning factories would need to created. You would see the government funding so many new factories to produce electricity that burn coal. The number of coal burning factories would increase about 100 times the number.
Coal-fueled_plant_closes.jpg
The same people accusing gasoline cars of destroying the environment are the ones that cut down trees and build houses on animal reservations and parks. How can an U.S.A american be saving the environment when each one is buying houses where tree's where cut down and even on the property that they own they cut down tree's.

Of course you would get the democrats or republicans to brainwash people by telling them they are creating jobs in those coal burning factories, jobs which only hire graduates or skilled workers.

Attachments

• 1366970.jpg
    1366970.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

wilberforce15

its not saving the environment Electricity isn't made by magic instead coal is burned to create electricity which pollutes the air. The more cars are sold and used the more coal burning factories would need to created. You would see the government funding so many new factories to produce electricity that burn coal. The number of coal burning factories would increase about 100 times the number.
The same people accusing gasoline cars of destroying the environment are the ones that cut down trees and build houses on animal reservations and parks. How can an U.S.A american be saving the environment when each one is buying houses where tree's where cut down and even on the property that they own they cut down tree's.
There is nobody in this thread arguing for the environmental benefits of electric vehicles. You may show yourself out. Thank you.

wilberforce15

Everybody else except Tesla is about as smart as a garage door. Their entire system is based on lidar and says if there is an object there it should stop. That is the extent of their intelligence. It's a total joke.

Tesla uses cameras and a neutral network. It goes down decision trees after identifying objects individually.

Everybody else uses a fancy garage door sensor. Tesla uses actual intelligence.

There is nobody in this thread arguing for the environmental benefits of electric vehicles. You may show yourself out. Thank you.
well currently a bunch of state politicians are banning gasoline cars claiming that electric cars will save the environment which is clearly not true since you still need to burn coal in order to produce electricity.

Latest on the headlines was the governor of california who passed a bill to ban cars in a few years yet over the summer California wasn't able to produce enough electricity for its residents that the same governor was begging electric car owners not to charge there cars.

Besides from that Electric cars are nothing new, Tesla is basically using electric forklift technology to create its car. The problems with forklifts has always been the slow charging and that there electric forklifts are not good off road but have to used in smooth pavement. Because unlike electricity, gasoline produces more power thru the explosive energy its creates in its engine cylinder heads. The engine produces so much energy that a transmission is need to lessen the impact on the drivetrain and transaxle.

wilberforce15

well currently a bunch of state politicians are banning gasoline cars claiming that electric cars will save the environment which is clearly not true since you still need to burn coal in order to produce electricity. Latest on the headlines was the governor of california who passed a bill to ban cars in a few years yet over the summer California wasn't able to produce enough electricity for its residents that he was begging electric car owners not to charge there cars.
Thank you for the lesson. But you jumped in and wrote about something without reading anything that happened in the thread before you showed up. We all feel free to ignore you.

Everybody else except Tesla is about as smart as a garage door. Their entire system is based on lidar and says if there is an object there it should stop. That is the extent of their intelligence. It's a total joke.

Tesla uses cameras and a neutral network. It goes down decision trees after identifying objects individually.

Everybody else uses a fancy garage door sensor. Tesla uses actual intelligence.
more people are interested in the tablet dashboard than they are interested in using electricity but automobile companies have upgraded every new vehicle to have a computer on board like tesla.

MW-HI624_teslad_ZG_20190501125516.jpg

2022-Toyota-Corolla-3_o.jpg
2022-Toyota-Corolla-3_o.jpg

Non liberal

A Tesla can differentiate between a baseball or volleyball and a basketball, and it knows which situations are more likely to have a person follow after the ball. It will account for whether it's late at night or early in the morning, on the highway and a neighborhood.

It can identify a child on the curb behind a car, notice that it has lost sight of the child, and expect a child to run out into the road.

I just don't think you understand the level of technology we are talking about.
Except it doesn’t. Go through those news stories and see how many just run into stuff. These cars haven’t been around all that long on our roads and they killed 11 people in the US already. It works untill it doesn’t, frankly it’s too much of a risk to use it. Anyone who does and kills somebody should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Just like a drunk driver.