Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

wilberforce15

It’s the same garbage.
No. Lidar and cameras are not the same. The greatest neural network on the planet vs. a garage door opener. It really is that different.

Staying in a lane with lane sensors is trivial. Stopping for an object in the road is trivial. It's nothing more than the simplest lidar used by flunky engineering grads that Toyota gets.

Tesla's neural network identifies hundreds of thousands of unique objects, tracks them as unique objects, and makes risk assessments thousands of times a second based on what combination it sees.

Yours will sometimes stop for a ball in the road. The Tesla will navigate successfully through lights, stop signs, and roundabouts in a city that it has never seen.

wilberforce15

Except it doesn’t. Go through those news stories and see how many just run into stuff. These cars haven’t been around all that long on our roads and they killed 11 people in the US already. It works untill it doesn’t, frankly it’s too much of a risk to use it. Anyone who does and kills somebody should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Just like a drunk driver.
Those news stories don't involve dead kids, do they?
Exactly. It's all fake or faked, or exaggerated, or misunderstood, or irrelevant.

After 4 billion miles and a maximum of 20 deaths associated with it (not caused by it) you lose any right to call it risky. It is safer than you are.

wilberforce15

Killing 11 people is simply less than would be dead if human drivers had done the same miles. That is objective fact.
Your numerical illiteracy (innumeracy) means that you misunderstand that basic fact.

Your own admitted data proves it's safer than human drivers.

You are the classic case of the idiot who will stonewall this whole process.
30-40,000 people die on our roads every year.
But as soon as some insignificant number involve AI you freak out.

Really, the universal application of that AI would turn 40,000 into under 1000 right now. We could save 95% of highway deaths if every vehicle only used Tesla tech on highways.
You want those 39000 to die so that you can blame a few dozen on the machine. That's because you are irrational and innumerate.

We can end highway deaths in America, and that will happen, even if you are dragged kicking and screaming to it.

Non liberal

No. Lidar and cameras are not the same. The greatest neural network on the planet vs. a garage door opener. It really is that different.

Staying in a lane with lane sensors is trivial. Stopping for an object in the road is trivial. It's nothing more than the simplest lidar used by flunky engineering grads that Toyota gets.

Tesla's neural network identifies hundreds of thousands of unique objects, tracks them as unique objects, and makes risk assessments thousands of times a second based on what combination it sees.

Yours will sometimes stop for a ball in the road. The Tesla will navigate successfully through lights, stop signs, and roundabouts in a city that it has never seen.
Yet still kill 11 people that it didn’t see. Gotcha.

Non liberal

Those news stories don't involve dead kids, do they?
Exactly. It's all fake or faked, or exaggerated, or misunderstood, or irrelevant.

After 4 billion miles and a maximum of 20 deaths associated with it (not caused by it) you lose any right to call it risky. It is safer than you are.
Where do you get the 4 billion miles? And why is it relevant? In what conditions? The Utah salt flats? It’s irrelevant how many miles.

wilberforce15

Where do you get the 4 billion miles? And why is it relevant? In what conditions? The Utah salt flats? It’s irrelevant how many miles.
Why should I keep telling you obvious and correct answers, when you're not even reading them? The 4 billion miles are on America's highways, and in its cities, and in the snow, and in the rain, and in all driving conditions. I posted videos of it driving in the snow, and in manhattan, and in San francisco, and everywhere. You are just that lazy or dumb that you don't even press play on a video. FSD has 4 billion miles in all those conditions.

wilberforce15

Yet still kill 11 people that it didn’t see. Gotcha.
Those are the number of deaths in accidents that FSD was involved with. Not at fault with. If a drunk driver going the wrong way slams into a tesla, it goes into this stat. These are incidents, not things that the Tesla caused.

And yes, I don't even blink at 11 deaths. It doesn't even make me hesitate or take a second breath, even if it caused all 11 deaths. Or 20 deaths. I do not care.

That's because I understand that that's an outstanding result four billion miles, and it is safer than you. You are incapable of driving four billion miles without being involved with that many deaths. It is safer than you right now. You are not even interacting with the math.

Non liberal

Why should I keep telling you obvious and correct answers, when you're not even reading them? The 4 billion miles are on America's highways, and in its cities, and in the snow, and in the rain, and in all driving conditions. I posted videos of it driving in the snow, and in manhattan, and in San francisco, and everywhere. You are just that lazy or dumb that you don't even press play on a video. FSD has 4 billion miles in all those conditions.
Yes, a video with the man’s hands covering the wheel. That doesn’t mean it’s not going to run over granny next week

Non liberal

Those are the number of deaths in accidents that FSD was involved with. Not at fault with. If a drunk driver going the wrong way slams into a tesla, it goes into this stat. These are incidents, not things that the Tesla caused.

And yes, I don't even blink at 11 deaths. It doesn't even make me hesitate or take a second breath, even if it caused all 11 deaths. Or 20 deaths. I do not care.

That's because I understand that that's an outstanding result four billion miles, and it is safer than you. You are incapable of driving four billion miles without being involved with that many deaths. It is safer than you right now. You are not even interacting with the math.
That’s not what happened. Those deaths were all faults of fsd.

Non liberal

Lol, because the math doesn’t apply to humans. That’s the beauty of being human. “Chances are” aren’t good enough for me bern. I very well could go 4 billion miles, the next guy could have 8 wrecks in 4 billion miles. It doesn’t matter what other drivers do. Also teslas own manual says you have to agreee to not take your hands off the wheel and stay alert while using auto pilot, lol what is the point?

Non liberal

Btw, I still have no idea where u are even getting this 4 billion miles figure. I don’t see it anywhere.

wilberforce15

Btw, I still have no idea where u are even getting this 4 billion miles figure. I don’t see it anywhere.
Lol, because the math doesn’t apply to humans. That’s the beauty of being human. “Chances are” aren’t good enough for me bern. I very well could go 4 billion miles, the next guy could have 8 wrecks in 4 billion miles. It doesn’t matter what other drivers do. Also teslas own manual says you have to agreee to not take your hands off the wheel and stay alert while using auto pilot, lol what is the point?
I've talked as far down as I can. I can't go any farther. You're just going to have to go learn something.

wilberforce15

All stupid advisories are there because of lawyers, because the law isn't up to speed on this. Isn't it a common conservative talking point that all stupid legal notices are there because of lawyers?

I've done you all a favor by telling you the future and showing it to you. When you get driven around by your car, you still won't even believe it.

wilberforce15

You do realize that there are about a dozen different graduate degrees you can get applying math to large-scale human behavior? What do you think an actuary is?

It's not just a real thing. It's a real thing in every area. I can absolutely say that FSD is safer than the vast majority of humans. Almost all humans. And if it will make you happy I'll say it, it's safer than everyone but you.

Do you feel special now? I have given you a special award. You never know how many wrecks any given individual it is going to get in, at what rate. But we say quite accurately how many wrecks we ought to expect from a given population, driving style, demographic, and distance traveled. We know all of those things, so we know that FSD is safer than just about everybody. Except you.

wilberforce15

Guys, a thumbs down really hurts my feelings.

I was not born with opposable thumbs, and it reminds me of my oppression and lack of privilege whenever I see the thumb symbol used. Thank you for understanding.

Non liberal

All stupid advisories are there because of lawyers, because the law isn't up to speed on this. Isn't it a common conservative talking point that all stupid legal notices are there because of lawyers?

I've done you all a favor by telling you the future and showing it to you. When you get driven around by your car, you still won't even believe it.
Um no, the advisories are there because fsd can’t stop running into first responder vehicles along side of the road. Tesla themselves say the fsd is not meant to be used without the supervision of a human. NOT MEANT TO BE USED.

qdg2

When that first fully automated passenger airliner goes down because it didn't have a quick thinking pilot on board...

It will make folks think twice about flying. Guaranteed.

Buses....trains....