Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

qdg2

Lol, because the math doesn’t apply to humans. That’s the beauty of being human. “Chances are” aren’t good enough for me bern. I very well could go 4 billion miles, the next guy could have 8 wrecks in 4 billion miles. It doesn’t matter what other drivers do. Also teslas own manual says you have to agreee to not take your hands off the wheel and stay alert while using auto pilot, lol what is the point?
Point is....the system is unreliable. It cannot be counted on. And it has to be.....every time.

oldngray

nowhere special
you-wanna-boat.jpg

wilberforce15

How briefly?
Again we will find you all turning features into bugs.

Being able to propel itself and float is going to be considered a flaw because it cannot do so forever.

Instead of rightly recognizing it can do a ton of things nothing else can, and is absolutely the best thing available for those dealing with salty environments or floods.

wilberforce15

wilberforce15

No, it’s the people who made it, talk.
Yes, the people who made it have to satisfy lawyers. This isn't hard.

And, yes, a system can be better than a human and still require human backup, and that's not a contradiction. These are still growing stages.
So, no matter how you slice it, it's still better than you, and requiring a human doesn't change that.
The human is a learning agent that the machine employs.

Every time force is exerted on the wheel under autopilot, all video from all angles on the car are sent for analysis to determine why they occurred. Most of the time, the machine is right and the human was just nervous or didn't have confidence in it. But when it is necessary, that's how it learns.

It's kind of like training your replacement at an office job. That's what human supervision does.

wilberforce15

Tesla even has an entire fleet of people whose sole job has been to look at pictures the cars couldn't categorize, and tell the car what it was.
At this point, it's only odd or strange things on roads, but it's funny to hear stories from the engineers. An unidentified ball turned out to be a bowling ball, because the car recognized it wasn't a volleyball, kickball, basketball, etc. So, because it wasn't recognized, the human had to identify it. And it's not just identification - the car then stores knowledge about how that object behaves differently than other objects. There are entire youtube channels dedicated to these topics by the engineers and former employees.

Your garage door opener truck sometimes stops when something is in its way. Or it can see paint lines...sometimes.

Meanwhile, the most powerful neural network can keep it on a snow-covered dirt road in a strange city and recognize objects and animals by specific kind, and expect behavior based on what it is.

qdg2

Tesla even has an entire fleet of people whose sole job has been to look at pictures the cars couldn't categorize, and tell the car what it was.
At this point, it's only odd or strange things on roads, but it's funny to hear stories from the engineers. An unidentified ball turned out to be a bowling ball, because the car recognized it wasn't a volleyball, kickball, basketball, etc. So, because it wasn't recognized, the human had to identify it. And it's not just identification - the car then stores knowledge about how that object behaves differently than other objects. There are entire youtube channels dedicated to these topics by the engineers and former employees.

Your garage door opener truck sometimes stops when something is in its way. Or it can see paint lines...sometimes.

Meanwhile, the most powerful neural network can keep it on a snow-covered dirt road in a strange city and recognize objects and animals by specific kind, and expect behavior based on what it is.
Intangibles.

A computer may be faster in many respects.

But a computer was designed by a HUMAN. It will never be better. Never. Faster maybe.

Intangibles. As in war, sports......any event that is unpredictable, can change by intangibles....

Your coveted computer can't to "think" of them all....

The Boeing 737 Max is a prime example.

Non liberal

Non liberal

So how do you expect to put every possible situation life has to offer in a computer so it recognizes it? Whether or not the unsafe situation was plugged into the computer is not a chance that I want to take when I’m buckling my children in the backseat, sorry. I’ll rely on myself every time.

wilberforce15

Intangibles.

A computer may be faster in many respects.

But a computer was designed by a HUMAN. It will never be better. Never. Faster maybe.

Intangibles. As in war, sports......any event that is unpredictable, can change by intangibles....

Your coveted computer can't to "think" of them all....

The Boeing 737 Max is a prime example.
These are quite tangible. It gets in wrecks less often per mile. That is the end of the story.

It cannot think it's way out of all problems. That is correct. But it is already better at thinking out the problem than a human.

You guys demand it be perfect. That's retarded. It is better, and that is enough.

wilberforce15

So how do you expect to put every possible situation life has to offer in a computer so it recognizes it? Whether or not the unsafe situation was plugged into the computer is not a chance that I want to take when I’m buckling my children in the backseat, sorry. I’ll rely on myself every time.
First, you still don't quite understand that perfection is not the requirement. Because its competition is not perfect. Its competition is the human brain. And it is already better than that competition in most situations. It is already on a safer on a per mile basis.

Secondly, I've been explaining it in very elementary terms, but artificial intelligence is not actually programmed and told what to do. It is not a driving computer program. A human does not write the driving code.

It is a driving artificially intelligent machine. That means it makes up its own criteria from some of its own observations about what to do. Humans input goals, and establish boundaries. The machine reasons about how to do things. Even the designers of the machine do not always know why it does what it does. We can only judge the results. And the results get better every year. Identifying and categorizing strange things it hasn't seen before goes to a human.

But, strictly speaking, the machine can understand how to react without having a name for it or being told how to react. That's why it is called intelligence.

vantexan

First, you still don't quite understand that perfection is not the requirement. Because its competition is not perfect. Its competition is the human brain. And it is already better than that competition in most situations. It is already on a safer on a per mile basis.

Secondly, I've been explaining it in very elementary terms, but artificial intelligence is not actually programmed and told what to do. It is not a driving computer program. A human does not write the driving code.

It is a driving artificially intelligent machine. That means it makes up its own criteria from some of its own observations about what to do. Humans input goals, and establish boundaries. The machine reasons about how to do things. Even the designers of the machine do not always know why it does what it does. We can only judge the results. And the results get better every year. Identifying and categorizing strange things it hasn't seen before goes to a human.

But, strictly speaking, the machine can understand how to react without having a name for it or being told how to react. That's why it is called intelligence.
Last night was driving past a dumpster when all these electric currents started swirling around. Then out of nowhere this naked guy appeared. Looked like a bodybuilder. Some dude in a trench coat started shooting at him. I got the hell out of there.

wilberforce15

Last night was driving past a dumpster when all these electric currents started swirling around. Then out of nowhere this naked guy appeared. Looked like a bodybuilder. Some dude in a trench coat started shooting at him. I got the hell out of there.
download (9).jpeg

You needed the artificial intelligence of Principal Feeny.