Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

wilberforce15

You guys might be able to understand why artificial intelligence is not programmed. It is trained.

That's why miles matter. Miles are the training. It is practice from which the machine learns by itself. More miles means more learning.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
1665343431021.png

wilberforce15

Then waiting for your car to charge would be witless.
Think about how dumb this meme is, even if you take out the fact that it tried to tell an entire novel.

This woman wants to insult her boyfriend, but he is her boyfriend. She chose him, so any insult to him is an insult to her. So he had the man bun and the EV and the purse, and he was already her boyfriend. So she's making herself look dumb in the story anyway.

Then, we are asked to believe that he parked an uncharged EV.

This thing has Boomer written all over it. Just sad.

vantexan

Think about how dumb this meme is, even if you take out the fact that it tried to tell an entire novel.

This woman wants to insult her boyfriend, but he is her boyfriend. She chose him, so any insult to him is an insult to her. So he had the man bun and the EV and the purse, and he was already her boyfriend. So she's making herself look dumb in the story anyway.

Then, we are asked to believe that he parked an uncharged EV.

This thing has Boomer written all over it. Just sad.
It's actually pretty funny. He's leaving her over her stance on electric cars. And as soon as his car charges he's out of there. I realize humor isn't your strong suit but even you should see the humor in that.

Non liberal

First, you still don't quite understand that perfection is not the requirement. Because its competition is not perfect. Its competition is the human brain. And it is already better than that competition in most situations. It is already on a safer on a per mile basis.

Secondly, I've been explaining it in very elementary terms, but artificial intelligence is not actually programmed and told what to do. It is not a driving computer program. A human does not write the driving code.

It is a driving artificially intelligent machine. That means it makes up its own criteria from some of its own observations about what to do. Humans input goals, and establish boundaries. The machine reasons about how to do things. Even the designers of the machine do not always know why it does what it does. We can only judge the results. And the results get better every year. Identifying and categorizing strange things it hasn't seen before goes to a human.

But, strictly speaking, the machine can understand how to react without having a name for it or being told how to react. That's why it is called intelligence.
But a human can react to anything, as well as read situations and take the path of least resistance, something a computer will never be able to do. It’s not perfection I’m asking for, it’s a fighting chance in any situation. A computer cannot give me that.

wilberforce15

But a human can react to anything, as well as read situations and take the path of least resistance, something a computer will never be able to do. It’s not perfection I’m asking for, it’s a fighting chance in any situation. A computer cannot give me that.
It is already better than you at all relevant things. The only situations that you can conjure where you would want a human are rare. And they'll get rarer every year.

This is the innumeracy I was talking about.

You want a human for situations that aren't going to happen, while the computer is already better at handling all the things that will actually get you killed.

And even in unknown or super weird situations, the AI will act more cautiously than a human.

Non liberal

It is already better than you at all relevant things. The only situations that you can conjure where you would want a human are rare. And they'll get rarer every year.

This is the innumeracy I was talking about.

You want a human for situations that aren't going to happen, while the computer is already better at handling all the things that will actually get you killed.

And even in unknown or super weird situations, the AI will act more cautiously than a human.
No, it’s not. All of this is just fake news dude. That’s just not reality.

wilberforce15

It's actually pretty funny. He's leaving her over her stance on electric cars. And as soon as his car charges he's out of there. I realize humor isn't your strong suit but even you should see the humor in that.
She didn't park an uncharged car. And she was already dating him, despite his man bun, his purse, and his electric vehicle. This meme makes her look just as bad as him.

wilberforce15

No, it’s not. All of this is just fake news dude. That’s just not reality.
It is already current reality. You have never ridden in one. You still didn't even know what artificial intelligence was, or how it worked, or how it differed from your garage door opener.

You haven't watched the videos, you haven't listened to the engineers, and you don't have the beginning of the science or engineering background to even be talking about this.

Every single piece of this technology had to be explained to you.

Non liberal

It is already current reality. You have never ridden in one. You still didn't even know what artificial intelligence was, or how it worked, or how it differed from your garage door opener.

You haven't watched the videos, you haven't listened to the engineers, and you don't have the beginning of the science or engineering background to even be talking about this.

Every single piece of this technology had to be explained to you.
No it didn’t, I understand it perfectly, I already looked into it before I ever posted on this forum, let alone talked to you, lol. I don’t care what the lying ass engineers say. It doesn’t work, obviously. It can’t stop running into first responders along side of the road. When it stops hitting people and actually doing what it says, maybe I’ll believe it. This isn’t rocket science, lol, just reality.

wilberforce15

No it didn’t, I understand it perfectly, I already looked into it before I ever posted on this forum, let alone talked to you, lol. I don’t care what the lying ass engineers say. It doesn’t work, obviously. It can’t stop running into first responders along side of the road. When it stops hitting people and actually doing what it says, maybe I’ll believe it. This isn’t rocket science, lol, just reality.
You cannot cover for how much ignorance I've had to cure in you.
4 billion miles, and safer than the average human.

You thought it needed to see lines. You thought it was programmed for situations. You thought it couldn't differentiate objects. You have no idea, even right now, what a neural network is or how it is trained.

It is safer around first responders than you. It is safer around pedestrians than you. And it's still a baby.