Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

wilberforce15

This morning?
Hardly...

In fact.....actually reinforced my thoughts all along.....not even close to reality....
Yes, you literally did not know that they were already on the road and completing routes. You just learned about them this morning.

It is not close to reality. It is current reality. Deliveries are being made today without a human touching the steering wheel from start to finish.

Truck drivers will be sent to the glue factory, whether in 10 years or 30.

vantexan

Truck drivers will be sent to the glue factory, whether in 10 years or 30.

Driving trucks for a living is a time honored and respected vocation. One thing I've noticed over the years is when a company starts seeing employees as a hindrance to bigger profits they start treating those employees with a lot less respect. It might be inevitable but those are real people with real families who put a lot of time in away from their families to get goods moved around the country. We'd be in a huge bind without them. So don't be so cavalier about getting rid of them. They deserve and have earned respect.

wilberforce15

Driving trucks for a living is a time honored and respected vocation. One thing I've noticed over the years is when a company starts seeing employees as a hindrance to bigger profits they start treating those employees with a lot less respect. It might be inevitable but those are real people with real families who put a lot of time in away from their families to get goods moved around the country. We'd be in a huge bind without them. So don't be so cavalier about getting rid of them. They deserve and have earned respect.
I completely agree.

I'm informing people what will happen. That's not cavalier.

wilberforce15

Well you said "big profits"....is it more or big? Or different? Considering cost of AI trucks and all the associated costs of infrastructure and all...
It is ginormous cost savings. You could pay $500,000 for an electric, self-driving semi. And it would be the best economic investment for anybody who uses it.

wilberforce15

For anyone who thinks Tesla lives on government subsidies, or even gets favoritism.

Tesla is fighting an uphill battle on every front, and every major institution is trying to screw them over. It's just that they're about that much better than everyone else, so it doesn't work.

Attachments

• 20230101_175838.png
    20230101_175838.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 30

vantexan

Well you said "big profits"....is it more or big? Or different? Considering cost of AI trucks and all the associated costs of infrastructure and all...
Have you ever seen a really expensive tv? And a few years later its cost is a fifth of what it was?

qdg2

It is ginormous cost savings. You could pay $500,000 for an electric, self-driving semi. And it would be the best economic investment for anybody who uses it.
It will be a ginormous cost.

How about the little guy? You know....everywhere you look? I see thousands of em everyday....going about their work.

wilberforce15

It will be a ginormous cost.

How about the little guy? You know....everywhere you look? I see thousands of em everyday....going about their work.
Sure, that's a giant cost. But it is not a cost to the people buying or selling the trucks. It is not a cost to the people who are making the decisions. Therefore, it doesn't affect the decisions.

They have no reason to consider this cost, except they if they had love or concern for their fellow man. Which they don't.

wilberforce15

Any sane person would pay 500k for a Tesla semi or more, if it fits their operational needs. It's that much better and cheaper to operate.
Anybody who laughs at this has not done math or can't do math. The per mile cost of operation is 80 or 90% lower. You would gladly pay double for the truck, to reduce operational cost by 80 or 90%. And the cost difference is that big.

Maintenance is that much less. Energy cost per mile is that much less. And there is no expense for the driver.

qdg2

Thanks to competition and newer technology coming out.
Yes competition....we didn't have Chinese slave labor to compete with until fairly recently. TV's when I was growing up were all made in the USA by similarly paid workers. Newer tech is relative.

qdg2

Sure, that's a giant cost. But it is not a cost to the people buying or selling the trucks. It is not a cost to the people who are making the decisions. Therefore, it doesn't affect the decisions.

They have no reason to consider this cost, except they if they had love or concern for their fellow man. Which they don't.
No man...the little guy trucker....OMG.

vantexan

Yes competition....we didn't have Chinese slave labor to compete with until fairly recently. TV's when I was growing up were all made in the USA by similarly paid workers. Newer tech is relative.
Those expensive tv's were built in China too. Prices come down as the technology becomes widespread and newer technologies come out. As far as automated trucks go imagine not only not having to pay a driver but being able to go 24/7 with only stops for fuel. I'm not trying to defend the technology, just pointing out the reality. If a company can develop a legitimate automated truck that makes another company more profitable then that's where things are headed. If I learned anything after decades at FedEx it's whatever they can do to reduce overhead and be more profitable they're going to do it even if it means running over people's lives to do it.

wilberforce15

No man...the little guy trucker....OMG.
I still have no idea what you're talking about. The little trucker man is irrelevant. He will be forced to use it or he will be put out of business.

The people driving electrics or owning self-driving trucks can undercut him by 80 plus percent.

Yes, it is a big fat problem for them and that's a bad thing. But it's not going to stop the existence of this thing.